• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    The Fudd's will probably prevent this from happening. LOL.
    But then again, lots of hunters are always very liberal/so called conservatives when it comes to gaining or limiting access to other peoples property.
    They'll do whatever it takes to limit hunting methods,even if it means ponying up for higher ammo costs.
    The western shore is chock full of them. They'll gladly spend the money on ammo, but not the land.
    And then want to tell everyone how its to be managed after spending nearly their whole life on paved surfaces.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    This article suggests that half of bald eagles have lead poisoning because of shot up carcasses full of lead shot. Are people just blasting ducks and letting them float away?

This will raise the cost of fishing a good bit.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    This article suggests that half of bald eagles have lead poisoning because of shot up carcasses full of lead shot. Are people just blasting ducks and letting them float away?

Not only fishing, bald eagles eat small furry critters too (meaning hunting and trapping)

A few months ago, I started a lead free big game by state because there is a movement afoot at that level, and a mds member pointed out local federal land was lead free for small game. In hindsight, that was a precursor to this thread. The feds have been openly moving the field posts under our noses.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Not only fishing, bald eagles eat small furry critters too (meaning hunting and trapping)

A few months ago, I started a lead free big game by state because there is a movement afoot at that level, and a mds member pointed out local federal land was lead free for small game. In hindsight, that was a precursor to this thread. The feds have been openly moving the field posts under our noses.
    How much cost do you think that added to your hunting? I assume it would raise the cost of ammo about $10-15 a box, and excluding duck hunting, only a couple boxes would be needed a year.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    How much cost do you think that added to your hunting? I assume it would raise the cost of ammo about $10-15 a box, and excluding duck hunting, only a couple boxes would be needed a year.
    I can only talk for deer ammo

Lead ammo runs between $20-$30 for a 20 round box.
    Lead free ammo runs between $50-$70 for a 20 round box. Maybe more in the long range calibers.

To make my point, don't wait too long before hunting season to stock up on lead free ammo, as there may not be any available during the season.

That was my case in 2021 during the great ammo shortage because Remington shutdown. Supply can't keep up with demand.

Last edited:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!

I hope not and if they were, they should be sinking if shot full of lead!
    This poor quality picture only captured half of this field of Bald Eagles becuase just as many were in the air and my camera didn't have a wide angle lens.

Attachments

• Eagle Field.PNG
      Eagle Field.PNG
      245.1 KB · Views: 50

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Just like I said , the cost of ammo they will gladly pay to tell someone else what to do on their land.
    Which = priceless in someone else’s mind.
    But be a stakeholder they will not.
    By the way ,if anyone wants to buy some hunting property for ten thousand an acre let me know.
    I’ll go buy lead filled ammo and maybe some more property.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Just like I said , the cost of ammo they will gladly pay to tell someone else what to do on their land.
    Which = priceless in someone else’s mind.
    But be a stakeholder they will not.
    By the way ,if anyone wants to buy some hunting property for ten thousand an acre let me know.
    I’ll go buy lead filled ammo and maybe some more property.
    Depends on the hunting and amount of land for sure, but if you're selling (or adopting), I'm interested! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom