• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That would hurt fellas trying to put meat on the table.

Plenty of "prohibited persons" use antiques, to provide for their family.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    That would hurt fellas trying to put meat on the table.

Plenty of "prohibited persons" use antiques, to provide for their family.

You're falsely assuming that the intent is not to harm. :sad20:

Laughtenberg is the sponsor as well so we know that there are no "good intentions"

shooting again

Feb 27, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    Here's the press release from Sen Lautenberg. It includes "Require a background check to purchase black powder, black powder substitute, smokeless powder, or any other explosive, in any quantity." I didn't see a provision to define out powder included in other manufacured items, so it would include fireworks (even the few legal in MD), power cartridges for stud drivers, and similar items.

http://www.lautenberg.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=341435&[4/18/2013 11:53:49 AM]

I have written our senior senator asking her to resist this distration and focus on factual analysis instead, but haven't got a reply yet.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Here's the press release from Sen Lautenberg. It includes "Require a background check to purchase black powder, black powder substitute, smokeless powder, or any other explosive, in any quantity." I didn't see a provision to define out powder included in other manufacured items, so it would include fireworks (even the few legal in MD), power cartridges for stud drivers, and similar items.

http://www.lautenberg.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=341435&[4/18/2013 11:53:49 AM]

I have written our senior senator asking her to resist this distration and focus on factual analysis instead, but haven't got a reply yet.

You talkin' about Babs?:lol2:

She is probably a co-sponsor.

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    Well, since you can make explosives from match heads and sparklers, I suppose they'll start wanting background checks, fingerprints, training courses, and a lockable storage container for those as well... why stop there. You see, gasoline is explosive as well. Let's propose those same set of regulations and restrictions to buy a gallon of gas... When will it end??? :mad54: :mad54: :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom