• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    ........and Vanderwendes. Did I forget to mention Vanderwendes? Stinky place, delicious ice cream. This makes 404 a must

The odiferous smell is because Vanderwendes in on a DIARY FARM. Your kids can see the cows up close and personal - it's part of the charm. Sheesh. You are getting the best ice cream and HOME MADE waffle cones as well. :-):D

bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Agreed. We usually go North past the 50 cutoff and take the back road that empties on 404, where the new Royal Farms is; this bypasses that eight mile stretch of death where 404 becomes four lanes. :party29: If you are going to Bridgeville you don't have a lot of options....you could stay on 50 to Easton and cut North, but you will still be on two lane roads....

I took that way yesterday and it was a much more pleasant drive than the one down 50 to 404. Only 3 miles more.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    404 isn't as bad as yall make it out to be. As someone who has lived near it, and driven on it my entire life, I can say it's no worse then any other roadway in the state. The primary times that there are trouble outside of freak accidents are between Thursday Evening, and Sunday Night when all the people from the Western Shore are trying to reach the beaches, or get home, 30 minutes faster than they should, that's when it is truly dangerous, and during those times, my ass sticks to the back roads.

I think you mean it's not as bad Monday through Wednesday. Thursday through Monday morning it's a constant gamble to travel it. Between the people trying to pass dozens of cars at once or leapfrog car after car or people dealing with their kids who are getting restless in the back seat not paying attention while tailgating it's a miracle to make it through alive.

The widening is a joke, how many lives could/would be saved if they widened it in a way they would on the western shore. Whole thing should have been widened in under 2 years and done 20 years ago.

And the people who turn towards Wye Mills then u turn to get out front. Stopping everyone on 50 east just so you can be out front. F YOU! And the people who think they are slick and stack up on 309 then pass everyone on the shoulder to turn right on 404 then u turn. F YOU!

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Oh yeah Shift I agree, I'm personally about a mile or so from the Delaware line, and have seen more accidents that should have never happen then I care to admit. The widening of 404 has been a joke since the original Denton bypass, and everything done since then has been a joke as well. (the what 2 mile stretch from where the Centreville National Bank used to be, to the end of the old main street for Hillsboro/Queen Annes).

PS. Vanderwendes has a shop off the farm if I remember correctly on RT 20 in Seaford. It's down the street from Save a Lot, and across the street from a Shore Stop, and a Cigarette Outlet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom