• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yennino

Aug 6, 2022
    Parkville
    Hi just checking if anyone knows of any farmers in the Maryland/Baltimore Harford region or nearby who'd be willing to rent a shooting space for classes.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    With the modern liabilities industry… I wonder if anyone would even consider taking on that level of risk hazard? The insurance cost would likely prevent most.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I would not do it for people I didn't know. Even then I would be hesitant. Just because someone signed a waiver, doesn't mean you won't get sued.
    There has been a guy (instructor?) bringing in one guest at a time to a private club I belong to for quals. The club does not have insurance coverage for that type of thing unless it is club sponsored training. Once they figure who the guy is, he will be most likely be in front of the board. It's all about CYA.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Yeah, they could probably just write up a waver like any other business or range.
    You still get sued. Place I have detailed knowledge of, they mandate any outsiders carry five mil or more in insurance and name the facility as an interested party. Even with all that, one of their people is in attendance for the event and any sop breach will result in you being booted, no right of refund.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Not to mention the cost of a lead abatement program after the state greenies got wind of a commercial enterprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom