• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Some manufacturers have oopsies in their products as well. The PSA adjustable block on my 6.5 grendel was absolute dogsh!t. It burped gas front and rear, no matter how tight the screws were. A trip back to PSA and a (we returned it to factory settings) didn't fix things. I tossed an aero adjustable block on and the gun immediately ran like a top and stopped burping gas out all around the block.
    The bore was too large. Seen that. When gauged, the bore of the gas block mics out oversized or, worse, out if round when checked with a dial indicator. This seems to be more common with adjustable gas parts than with old school stuff. I have actually never seen it on a taper pinned FSB. My go-to-hell rifle still has the taper pinned FSB that fn put on the barrel but I cut it from 20 down to 16 and rebored the gas port. Shoots soft but is HIGHLY reliable. Not svelte but it works every time.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I am going to guess that he is using a .750 gas block from the old GI profile or HBAR on a pencil .625" barrel.

OP: is there any gap between the barrel and the gas block?

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In some configurations, you can take barrels off without doing anything to the gas blocks and muzzle devices.

While true , the new bbl must have A gas block also .

The question for the OP ;

Was * Just the Barell * literal the rifled tube ? Did you remove the gas block from previous bbl and then install the old gas block on the new bbl yourself ?

Or did the new bbl already have its own gas block when you bought it ?

Dippah

Feb 23, 2013
    I took my AR to the range yesterday and it was a complete fail.
    During Covid I swapped my barrel for a Faxon pencil barrel and every shot or two jammed. Any idea what the issue could be? It’s clean…I wiped it down and re-lubed it today

Covid took me away from my routine but no rust or anything like that
    Thanks everyone for the support. I took the Handguard off and I think I see the issue. The gas tube fits fine… I’m missing the dowel pin that locks the gas tube in place with the gas block. Not sure if it wasn’t included or I missed it in the kit but hoping this is the fix

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks everyone for the support. I took the Handguard off and I think I see the issue. The gas tube fits fine… I’m missing the dowel pin that locks the gas tube in place with the gas block. Not sure if it wasn’t included or I missed it in the kit but hoping this is the fix
    That was more than likely your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom