• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Furious George

May 10, 2010
    Century was cobbling them together out of all of the barrel-less M16A1 kits that were available about 2 years ago.

Given the option, I would have bought the kit and built my own.

Both the kits and Century made rifles seem to have dried up however.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Nodak Spud makes A1 style stripped uppers to go with their retro lowers. Triangle handguards are not difficult to find on the net or at Dulles or PA gunshows, I got a couple of sets at the York show along with some A1 stocks and pistol grips. Had rack numbers and mottled look to them. Plenty of people making repro flash hiders and parts. So you can build up your own. Definitely harder than it was a few years ago, when surplus uppers were readily available. Retro section forum and the EE on AR15.com has retro stuff for sale regularly or get a Colt SP1 off Gunbroker. I got some complete uppers from Ohio Ordnance Works for $250 and one from a private seller for $275. Now people are looking for $500-900 for compete A1 uppers.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I think Fulton Armory dabbles in some retro.

Fulton Armory made a real retro model a few years ago but I believe they ran out of the old stock barrels they were using.

If you're serious I would call them, they're definitely a HUGE step up from Century.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Have my Colt A model (pre assist) and it feels just like "back in the day" when I toted one for several years.

Pre assist?? It must jam every other round with all the dirt/grim on the carrier.

Best to just sell it off and get yourself a nice DPMS or something.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I have a Colt A1 upper, when i found it I had to jump on it. I would love to find a Colt M16A1 lower marked. that would rock!

theres a guy on ar15.com who will make you one from a 80%, complete with old school colt logo and m16 markings, you will have to take it after he is done engraving it and have it machined out (he is not a ffl)

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    theres a guy on ar15.com who will make you one from a 80%, complete with old school colt logo and m16 markings, you will have to take it after he is done engraving it and have it machined out (he is not a ffl)

You could get a Nodak retro lower and send it to Ident Marking... they were doing Colt markings / logos on lowers for the retro crowd and they looked very good. Ident won't do 80% lowers to prevent people from trying to pass them off as OG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom