• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    You can claim firearms under you USAA homeowners policy. not sure if all policies are similar but I have a $275K (yes $2750,000 not $2500 as some posts suggest. I just got off the phone with USAA to verify this) personal property limit that can include firearms. There is a limit on theft for firearms however of $10K without a rider.

A rider with USAA for firearms that covers say $60K of loss is about $75 a month($900/yr). In addition the rider gives you no deductible and includes breakage.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    These days I am almost reluctant to tell the insurance company about what guns I may own...

In a proper world I shouldn't have to worry about that.

KD999

Dec 18, 2012
    Virginia
    Funny thing is the geico rep never called me back anyhow so I just went with Collectibles for blanket policy on some and kept geico on the others. Both blanket. You never really know how good insurance is until you use it. Collectibles for MD has published rates on website at about $75/ per $10,000.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Look into erie, I can't tell you much about what there firearms coverage is like but I know overall travlers is a very picky company, and from my experiences with erie they seem to have a lot more generosity in covering claims.

I've had Erie for auto insurance since I could drive. I have Erie life insurance, an Erie annuity, Erie property/homeowner's insurance and a nice umbrella policy.

Erie auto won't take everyone, but if you qualify, their rates are bar none the best I've seen (for good coverage) and my wife has had multiple claims with them: 1) they haven't raised our rates, 2) they were quick to cut us our checks and 3) they didn't give us the typical runaround.

I don't sell insurance, but I've had excellent customer service and great rates with Erie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom