• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ernie B

Feb 26, 2008
    Middletown, MD
    I live in Middletown, MD, and I am very interested in getting into F/TR class shooting. I'm looking to find out if there are any clubs/ranges in this general area (ie: 50 miles or so) that hold, or are planning to hold, F-class matches this coming year. Any info would be appreciated.

Ernie

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA
    Here are a few places that have F-Class matches.

http://peacemakernational.com/ Peacemaker in WVa runs a 600 and 1000 yrd match with electronic scoring. I haven't made one there yet

QUOTE]

I shot the Fclass at Peacemaker the electronic scoring is nice, you know exactly where you hit no looking threw a scope and guessing, its right in front of you. few people have said they had ghost hits where they make a hit but it does not record for some reasson shows up on the screen but does not record.

In short you will be driving for Fclass, need to get a carpool van together. I will make more then 2 matches this year.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I live in Middletown, MD, and I am very interested in getting into F/TR class shooting. I'm looking to find out if there are any clubs/ranges in this general area (ie: 50 miles or so) that hold, or are planning to hold, F-class matches this coming year. Any info would be appreciated.

Ernie

Welcome neighbor, I started shooting fclass just last year. I shot most of my matches in Cumberland. Keep a look out for some coming matches in the spring, your welcome to come with myself and shooting buddy.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Welcome neighbor, I started shooting fclass just last year. I shot most of my matches in Cumberland. Keep a look out for some coming matches in the spring, your welcome to come with myself and shooting buddy.

Do you have a site for the Cumberland Matches? What distance do they shoot?

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Received this in an email from Charlie Watson that runs the Bridgeville DE F-Class matches.

2013 F Class 600 yard match schedules. Please check the individual club website for directions, updates, and match details.

BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB
    Bridgeville, Delaware

March 24, April 14, May 12, June 9, July 14, October 6, November 3

CUMBERLAND RIFLEMEN
    Cumberland, New Jersey

April 6, May 4, June 1, July 6, September 7, October 5

NEW HOLLAND RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB
    New Holland, Pennsylvania

April 21, May 19, June 16, July 21, August 18, September 22, October 20

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I'd like to get into F-Class as well. The recreational matches at QSC are appealing because its close. But they show the monthly matches there as Palma. While I would do Palma if it was my only option, I prefer to build an F-Class rifle (sorry, I prefer glass). Anyone know if the QSC Recreational matches include an F-Class division or is it strictly Palma?

Matt

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Thanks. That is only slightly further than QSC. I'll definitely add them to the list.

Which leads to the 2nd question: How do you recommend I start? I've never entered a rifle match, merely shot recreationally. How welcoming of newbies are the competitive shooters?

Matt

NateG

Oct 16, 2009
    VA
    I'd like to get into F-Class as well. The recreational matches at QSC are appealing because its close. But they show the monthly matches there as Palma. While I would do Palma if it was my only option, I prefer to build an F-Class rifle (sorry, I prefer glass). Anyone know if the QSC Recreational matches include an F-Class division or is it strictly Palma?

Matt

It's primarily F-class. I'm often the only one shooting sling and irons at the "recreational matches". The competition can get reasonably serious at the top, but accommodations get made rather than turn away shooters. (We'll put a target a dozen or so points away so a shooter with a muzzle break can play along, for example)

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    I would suggest just showing up and shoot. You can ask lots of questions and learn from there. That is what I did.

Leaddog

F-Class T/R
    Nov 27, 2009
    Delaware
    Received this in an email from Charlie Watson that runs the Bridgeville DE F-Class matches.

2013 F Class 600 yard match schedules. Please check the individual club website for directions, updates, and match details.

BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB
    Bridgeville, Delaware

March 24, April 14, May 12, June 9, July 14, October 6, November 3

CUMBERLAND RIFLEMEN
    Cumberland, New Jersey

April 6, May 4, June 1, July 6, September 7, October 5

NEW HOLLAND RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB
    New Holland, Pennsylvania

April 21, May 19, June 16, July 21, August 18, September 22, October 20

FYI -

I don't run the NRA F Class Matches at Bridgeville. F Class is part of the NRA Highpower Matches and that program is run and administered by Jeff Hague.

I only maintain a communication email list to announce upcoming matches, practices, and other F Class info at Bridgeville. Several times a year, I will organize a non-NRA club level F Class only match.

Hope that clears things up. Thank you.

Charlie Watson

Ernie B

Feb 26, 2008
    Middletown, MD
    Hi folks,

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who provided the above info. I apologize for not responding sooner but with some health issues that have came up and surgeries over the past couple months, I've not been able to be on the computer as much as I'd like to be. Again, thanks for all the info and help. Now, if I can only find enough powder, primers and other such needs to make some ammo, at least I now know I have places to shoot!!!

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom