• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I'll bet the neighbors are ALL pissed off and calling 911. They've already told the Guard they don't like loud noises......even though the airfield has been there for over 80 years.

When the A-10's go, that unit will probably be turned into an Air Guard unit with "NO"
    aircraft. Just like the 135th C-130 unit lost it's planes and is now an "INTELLIGENCE" unit.
    :innocent0 :facepalm:

:sarcasm:

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    We are at the OBX right now, Corolla, and have had F18s flying over semi regularly. My son was in the pool yesterday and heard their roar and yelled "Murder Hornets!" and ducked down below the water.

Had a Black Hawk fly over really low yesterday.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    We are at the OBX right now, Corolla, and have had F18s flying over semi regularly. My son was in the pool yesterday and heard their roar and yelled "Murder Hornets!" and ducked down below the water.

We were down last week and had them everyday. First time one of the grandkids asks "what's that noise?" I quickly answered 'That's the sound of Freedom'. Good times
    Also had Mustangs fly by all day. Down and back again groups of two. Great planes.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    That's the sound of freedom...

Same thing happened back in Horsham PA where I grew up. Bunch of twits moved in and complained..they moved the P3s and the C130s. And eventually the A10s...don't think they fly anything out of there now.

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    Love the Noise!

Me and my noisemaker…
    f7ecb89be1d21776d73e02154ea8f2e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This is why there are no military airfields in Chevy Chase.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

W72 is a big working/warning area off the VA capes, VA and NC. We used it quite often when doing tactical air control back in the 80’s.

Surf

Jun 30, 2022
    OC
    A guy that went to my High School (Sherwood) went on to fly Tom Cats. Chip B. He used to have a big block Chevelle that he unfortunately wrecked. No Goose was aboard at the time.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    We were down last week and had them everyday. First time one of the grandkids asks "what's that noise?" I quickly answered 'That's the sound of Freedom'. Good times
    Also had Mustangs fly by all day. Down and back again groups of two. Great planes.
    We were down last week in Nags. We should have had a MDS in OBX party. But yeah it was cool to watch the Hornets zipping by in the afternoons.

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    VF-124, VF-114, COMFITAEWWINGPAC, F-14D FIT, CVW-14 Staff (VF-11 - VF-31), CVN-74 Air Ops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom