• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Ignorant people who'd rather let animal populations go unchecked so they suffer horribly from illness & malnutrition. Comments seem to be from non-hunters, but they're still ignorant & some even vicious.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    People are just ignorant. I've found that if I explain more about hunting, how it actually works, how difficult it actually is to harvest animals, and how the meat from wild animals is more nutritious and delicious than anything else, how killing your food yourself makes you respect and honor and conserve it more, they start to see the light.

No doubt a part of the problem is the shows on Saturday and Sunday mornings where some "professional hunter" is sitting out on a heavily managed property and seemingly kills a trophy size animal in five minutes. I've always thought the shows should explain how much work goes into managing a property like that and how long the person sits before taking a shot. I realize the shows are about pushing products like clothing, scent sprays, etc and not about educating the public, but this is the only exposure a lot of people have to hunting.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    People are just ignorant. I've found that if I explain more about hunting, how it actually works, how difficult it actually is to harvest animals, and how the meat from wild animals is more nutritious and delicious than anything else, how killing your food yourself makes you respect and honor and conserve it more, they start to see the light.

No doubt a part of the problem is the shows on Saturday and Sunday mornings where some "professional hunter" is sitting out on a heavily managed property and seemingly kills a trophy size animal in five minutes. I've always thought the shows should explain how much work goes into managing a property like that and how long the person sits before taking a shot. I realize the shows are about pushing products like clothing, scent sprays, etc and not about educating the public, but this is the only exposure a lot of people have to hunting.
    Amen.

Well put.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom