• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I don't know if this is a sign that more of these are on the way in, or just one that has been circulating awhile, but here's a Euro model CZ-83* in Nickel finish with what appears to be a SS barrel. The importer's serial number on it is 00175. [*Note the rounded front of the trigger guard, v. the squared-off trigger guard leading edge on the CZ-USA models.]

No, the CZ-83 isn't a C&R, but it's essentially a CZ-82 in 9m Browining caliber (.380 ACP), and with conventional rifling in the bore. This particular one was made in 1994. Keep in mind that the CZ-82s are not classified as C&R because of their age, but because of a letter from a museum official who stated that it has historic interest. That's one way to get something onto the BATFE list.

It's a nice compliment to the CZ-82, if you have an interest in collecting Czech firearms, and I'm getting the impression that not too many of this model were made. I'm still trying to figure out who might have been the original purchaser of these. Most of the Euro CZ-83s in blue were police sidearms, from what I can tell, or they were sold to the civilian market. For these to have been imported in any large numbers, they were probably trade ins from some governmental entity. Still looking into that.

Just as a side note, the CZ-USA models of the CZ-83 might make good long-term investments, because they are quite nice pistols that didn't sell well, and are discontinued as of this year. The main reason why they didn't sell well seems to be because there were just too many really nice surplus CZ-82s on the market that were selling for about half the cost of a CZ-USA CZ-83. Still, having a good product that didn't sell many copies is a pretty good predictor of future collectibility.

Attachments

• cz83_nickle.jpg
      cz83_nickle.jpg
      123.6 KB · Views: 119

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads