• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    1-8 SFP model. I’m normally fond of FFP - but realize for this type of reticle/scope/purpose there really is no benefit (or at least not one that outweighs the cons). Green illuminated is daylight bright. I was super skeptical of that claim but at 1545 today in bright afternoon sun I was inclined to bump DOWN from the highest setting. Still need to shoot the box with it, but coming from Trijicon (last three optics, most recently a FFP Credo) I was shocked at the glass clarity and brightness.

Only downside, if I had to pick one? On 1x (which is true 1x) I can see that my triple frame is ever so slightly canted. Doh!

ETA, found an OP deal that got me out the door with the ADM QD mount for just under 1k. Steal of a deal .

ETA 2, I didn’t realize the common synonym for hooters was verboten. That starred word should be t!ts.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    1-8 SFP model. I’m normally fond of FFP - but realize for this type of reticle/scope/purpose there really is no benefit (or at least not one that outweighs the cons). Green illuminated is daylight bright. I was super skeptical of that claim but at 1545 today in bright afternoon sun I was inclined to bump DOWN from the highest setting. Still need to shoot the box with it, but coming from Trijicon (last three optics, most recently a FFP Credo) I was shocked at the glass clarity and brightness.

Only downside, if I had to pick one? On 1x (which is true 1x) I can see that my triple frame is ever so slightly canted. Doh!

ETA, found an OP deal that got me out the door with the ADM QD mount for just under 1k. Steal of a deal .

ETA 2, I didn’t realize the common synonym for hooters was verboten. That starred word should be t!ts.
    I thought you were giving it 4 stars ;)

TlTS are are almost as good...would be better if "I" was really in the middle of them.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    And here I came expecting a rant. I'm really let down. I want my money back!

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I thought you were trying to say it was s-h-i-t at first lol. I had my shocked face since EO Tech is pretty top notch. Glad to see I was wrong haha..

I've looked at these, but would love to actually get my hands on one. They look t!ts..

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I thought you were trying to say it was s-h-i-t at first lol. I had my shocked face since EO Tech is pretty top notch. Glad to see I was wrong haha..

I've looked at these, but would love to actually get my hands on one. They look t!ts..
    That's what I thought! I've been eyeing those up.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Anyone who wants get an in person look, hit me up if you make it over to the shore.

I was cautiously optimistic; cautious in that EOTech is known for their holographic donut of death not traditional optics. But they’ve been out for a few years and anyways LOW in Japan, who I understand actually makes these (along with the credo, some NF stuff, etc) knows how to make good glass. I’m curious to peg the reticle into my ballistic program and see where it lines up for holds with 308 (if at all, the one critique I found was that there was no real correlation to .223).

FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    Anyone who wants get an in person look, hit me up if you make it over to the shore.

I was cautiously optimistic; cautious in that EOTech is known for their holographic donut of death not traditional optics. But they’ve been out for a few years and anyways LOW in Japan, who I understand actually makes these (along with the credo, some NF stuff, etc) knows how to make good glass. I’m curious to peg the reticle into my ballistic program and see where it lines up for holds with 308 (if at all, the one critique I found was that there was no real correlation to .223).
    which program do you use?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

While there is/was a thermal drift issue it was blown out of proportion IMHO if you zeroed at the extremes of the temperature range then you would see the largest drift. The older 5XX HWS series were more prone to it. But if you zeroed on a normal day in MD thermal drift will be little issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom