• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    This has to do with the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) of 2022. The short of it is that anyone between the ages of 18-20 will be automatically placed in a "delayed" status and could potentially result in a 10 day wait.

The enhancement provides the opportunity for additional outreach and research to be conducted regarding the existence of any juvenile adjudication information and/or mental health prohibition. As a result, transactions on persons between the ages of 18-20 will initially be delayed allowing for the additional outreach. The enhanced process for persons under the age of 21 will begin on November 14, 2022.

Scary stuff.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    A right delayed is a right denied. Are the politicians going to pass laws to hold election ballots for "enhanced education background checks?"

Electing some politicians will get many killed through the politician's acts such as engaging troops in warfare to distract from domestic problems.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    This has to do with the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) of 2022. The short of it is that anyone between the ages of 18-20 will be automatically placed in a "delayed" status and could potentially result in a 10 day wait.

The enhancement provides the opportunity for additional outreach and research to be conducted regarding the existence of any juvenile adjudication information and/or mental health prohibition. As a result, transactions on persons between the ages of 18-20 will initially be delayed allowing for the additional outreach. The enhanced process for persons under the age of 21 will begin on November 14, 2022.

Scary stuff.

This is awful. Either we're adults at 18 or we're not. We can sign contracts at 18 that ruin our lives and the law will provide no relief because of age. How can these idiots get away with the double standard?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So is that a "delay" with or without a FBI/ATF mandated visit by local LE?

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    So is that a "delay" with or without a FBI/ATF mandated visit by local LE?
    I do not believe the FBI/ATF or local LE pays a "visit" to anyone with this new system unless there is cause to do so. But it will be very interesting to see how this plays out and if there is a large uptick in denials for the 18-20 year old's.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I do not believe the FBI/ATF or local LE pays a "visit" to anyone with this new system unless there is cause to do so. But it will be very interesting to see how this plays out and if there is a large uptick in denials for the 18-20 year old's.
    It was meant a little tongue in cheek with proposed rule that denials and delays would need to be investigated.

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I don’t agree with this at all, however the point isn’t that you can’t have a gun till 21. Juvenile records are sealed and they want time to see if you were doing carjackings last year before they sell you a gun now.

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    I don’t agree with this at all, however the point isn’t that you can’t have a gun till 21. Juvenile records are sealed and they want time to see if you were doing carjackings last year before they sell
    I understand
    They would still run a background check on a draftee. Would take more than a few minutes to find out if they are a juvenile felon.
    I understand the point you are making but not sure if its realistic. I could be wrong but my understanding is that a sealed juvenile record is not available even to LE without a court order. If that is the case, they surely will not get a court to approve opening the record for this. Furthermore, if thats not the case , and it is available to LE, why would it take 10 days to see it? Its either available to them or its not. That my understanding anyhow.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I'm sure there would be a sign off much like the mental health thing that LE has no access to unless you want to buy a gun and have to allow them to get the sale approved. As far as 10 days, my guess is that they would have to submit the form to the court and the court would take time to respond. I know the process to seal and unseal where I work but that is arrest and suspect info, not conviction.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Got it.
    Making citizens arbitrarily wait for the same inevitable result = enhanced.
    Hope we don't get enhanced stoplights and enhanced wait times at MVA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom