• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Pretty cool. The only real problem is with most Emersons, they are underground quite a bit, so they can't be sharpened much before you end up with a really thick edge, and poor cutting. Compare an Emerson where the grind doesn't even span 1/2 the blade with a ZT with about 7/8 of the blade flat ground, then a FFG Spyderco with 100% of the blade ground. The deeper the grind, the thinner the edge, the less metal you need to grind to sharpen it, and the better it will cut, strength isn't an issue with good steel, and a good design, even on a FFG blade. Thing is there are few quality EDC multi-tools on the market, and this one is unique, so it could fit some people, probably not me, I use pliers/cutters often, and interchangeable torx/allen bits, which my skeletool has, and the Emerson doesn't, I also carry a larger blade, so the main selling point, a 3"commander blade isn't as big of a deal to me,

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Maybe a skeletool cx, I want something for front pocket carry.

Yeah. It's in their "Pocket-Size" category. I've seen where some people have put pocket clips on the handle scale on the Juice series multi-tools. Take a look at Gerber too.

If not, at least wait to get some more feedback on the performance of this Emerson franken-tool/knife-do-it-all-can't-do-one-thing-right tool. :innocent0

:D

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Get this:
    http://www.leatherman.com/product/OHT

279806_37769_41

Cheapest I've found is here:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/76229?productId=1256998&subrnd=0&qs=3016887_pmd_google_pla

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    A regular pocket knife and a separate multi is the best way to go IMO. The Victorinox Swiss Tool Spirit is less expensive than the Leatherman, SOG, and some Gerber counters, and is a hell of a lot better built. I've owned a Leatherman since I was 8, have over twenty of them, and their current quality compared to years past is simply pathetic. Putting a multi and larger EDC knife into one usually involves trade-offs to both. You can get the Swiss Tool with a serrated blade with blunted point...meaning your EDC knife can be straight edged and you now have two completely different cutting tools each better situated for certain types of materials that you may cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom