• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    Question for all you experienced guys. EN rules say you must shoot from bench rest, no free standing shooting. What fun is that with a BP pistol? Im shooting 25 yards not sniping at 1500 yards.
    Are they serious?

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    PS I got tell you, when i asked about restoring my Hawken and you said i better off buying another, you were right. Strange thing is im going thru page after page of peeps trying to sell them at basically the same price and getting no bids. Must not want to sell that bad, same with a lot of pistols.

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    I finally got all my supplies. Want to go this week. Retired and early riser. Any of you regulars suggest best day of week to go at opening time to not deal with crowd?

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    Just bring a range range bag and put long guns in cases...nothing more needed. Ammo separate from guns as always.
    I got my Uberti ‘51 Colt Navy .36 this week from Cimarron to match the Rem I brought to your shop. Beautiful. It’s perfect, engraving, lock timing, everything.
    Wife says Rem ‘58 is prettier. I kinda favor it too, but its like kids, you love them both, but one is just a wee bit better.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I finally got all my supplies. Want to go this week. Retired and early riser. Any of you regulars suggest best day of week to go at opening time to not deal with crowd?

When I go I avoid Mondays and Fridays. For the rifle range, shooting begins @ 9AM so I get there around 8:30 to get a lane. Never seems to be many on the pistol range but the rifle range can get busy sometimes. Daily fee is $10 so you need to stop at the range station entrance to fill out a form and deposit $10. They also have (2) shotgun platforms.

You will also need your own targets and a target stand that meets the Elk Neck Ranges specs. Check the DNR website.

It's about a 40-45 minute ride from Perry Hall. Have fun.

Last edited:

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    When I go I avoid Mondays and Fridays. For the rifle range, shooting begins @ 9AM so I get there around 8:30 to get a lane. Never seems to be many on the pistol range. Daily fee is $10 so you need to stop at the range station entrance to fill out a form and deposit $10.

It's about a 40-45 minute ride from Perry Hall. Have fun.
    Thx. I bought a year permit so i good there. Planning on Wednesday. Rules say no wear holster so since i got no range bag yet, thinking of just carrying 2 pistols in belt holsters. They cant be that anal to disallow that.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Thx. I bought a year permit so i good there. Planning on Wednesday. Rules say no wear holster so since i got no range bag yet, thinking of just carrying 2 pistols in belt holsters. They cant be that anal to disallow that.
    They are specific about targets. For the rifle range the center of the target must be 54" above the ground . I guess that applies to the pistol range also. Dunno.

To be on the safe side, maybe I'd put the holstered guns in some sort of bag. Maybe a sports bag or something. As you know, the weapons must point downrange at all times so no drawing from a holster.

I will say that the Rangers rarely visit the range and when they do it's early ( before 9:15 ).

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    I bought this. Hope its allowed there

1680376773562.png

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Rule says freestanding and target center minimum of 54" above ground. Not sure how picky they get.

It's been a while since I've shot there. It used to be free!
    54" above ground to the "CENTER". Range is $10 daily or you can buy a yearly pass. Yearly is $25 for Seniors over 62 otherwise $50/yr.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    This is 39” at center. Any ideas where i can get a portable 54”? I looked everywhere online, got nothing.
    Most people make there own either out of wood or PVC pipe. Do a search on Target Stands and you will get some ideas.
    Link:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom