• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    anyone planning on going to the elk neck range over thanksgiving? i should be up there one or two days with the family.

let me know if youre coming, and ill keep an eye out for ya. if i end up driving my car, ill be the guy in the low white passat creeeeping along down the dirt road :D

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    How's Sunday look? In-laws will be gone by then.....

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Cleared for takeoff.

I'll pick you up around 7:45.

I'll probably take the AR, .22, and the (new to me) Remington)

We should definately bring one of the 870's. Do you still have clays?

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    i went saturday afternoon, took my mom and sister with me. had a great time picking off spent shells at 50yds+ and had an even more fun time watching my sister shoot .357s for the first time. i think she handled them very well for a 15yo!

hope you guys had a great vacation.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    yea it was great. my mom has always been a little iffy on the gun thing, but shes really starting to come around. started her out with the 10/22 and now shes starting to enjoy shooting the 686(with 38s) - and getting good!
    it was quite fun to watch my sister handle the recoil from the .357s - like a champ!

i have always thought that women(generally) make better shooters than males because of their more smoothe, toned muscle structure in comparison to males more bulky, "twitchy" muscles.

its also fun to introduce people to the shooting sports. its neat when you seem them realize that maybe guns arent so mean and evil afterall... and that youre not some gun freak haha

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I know what you mean - I was shooting today with three girls who had never shot before. I think the nervousness they show is cute.

And then aftre shooting for a while, there's the realization, "Hey - these guns really don't go off by themselves - somebody really does have to pull the triiger and...and...and it's hard to hit the target! They make it look so easy in the movies!" :party29:

Not that I think I converted anybody into a shooter today, but just maybe they won't think of gunowners as satanistic deathmongers who's sole purpose in life is to machine gun little schoolchildren.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom