• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Elections are still pretty far away and considering that Republicans have zero chance of winning, our best bet is to all register as Democrats and vote for the worst/best (Depending on your view) Democrat in the primary and then roll with the results.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Elections are still pretty far away and considering that Republicans have zero chance of winning, our best bet is to all register as Democrats and vote for the worst/best (Depending on your view) Democrat in the primary and then roll with the results.

Bingo. But there are still tons of people who won't vote, or who would say they'd commit ritual suicide before voting Democrat.

We need to explain to them how even replacing 1 anti with a new anti can be good for us.

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    Bingo. But there are still tons of people who won't vote, or who would say they'd commit ritual suicide before voting Democrat.

We need to explain to them how even replacing 1 anti with a new anti can be good for us.

^^^^
    This!

The DINO movement is the only way appearant for a conservative citizen to make their vote have any influence on the outcome in this state.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    I think they're waiting to keep the $$$ in the bank. Why advertise now, have something happen and have to play catch up. Wait until the end, spend a little advertising money, blitz the media just before and go from there. Just my two cents.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.

My logic is simple: if they voted for SB-281, I'd rather vote in another anti and send the previous commie to the unemployment office.

Even more important, however, is the fact that midterm elections have a very low voter turnout. If every gun owner turned DINO and actually voted it would have a decent impact on the 2014 elections.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Make that voted for SB281 OR received permision to vote against 281 for political cover BUT voted unfavorably on ammendments either on the floor or in Committee.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    This is where 'Project DINO', and other new groups need to step up and get the word out.

We can't wait to the last minute, like it seems we do every effing time....

I do know that gun owners from across the state are switching D, but without information and motivation they're just numbers on a board, not doing anything.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Help me out here, re-registering as a democrat is the way to vote for the Dem we want?
    I understand it might be best to just get the Dem's that voted for 281 Out! ??
    but is it better to do that as a registered Democrat?

Yes, ball should be rolling.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Maryland is a closed primary state, meaning that you may only vote for candidates of the same party as you are registered.

"Unaffiliated" voters are blocked out of primaries in MD, other than for ballot issues, etc.

So, should someone wish to attempt to, say, vote out an incumbent who doesn't represent a particular interest, then the place to do it is in the primary by registering accordingly (and voting for someone else instead).

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Help me out here, re-registering as a democrat is the way to vote for the Dem we want?
    I understand it might be best to just get the Dem's that voted for 281 Out! ??
    but is it better to do that as a registered Democrat?

Yes, ball should be rolling.

Yes. Maryland's primaries are closed, meaning you can only vote for your party. Independents can't vote.

In many parts of Maryland, Republicans have no chance in HELL of winning. "Red Maryland" is a fictional dream at the moment. But, many who voted for 281 won primaries by only a handful of votes.

Even if you replace an anti with an anti, the new anti won't have as much power. I.E. If you replace Senator Muse, his replacement doesn't get to go on the Judiciary Committee.

Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    The political machine in this state is rigged to run in only one direction. The Republican party has a terrible record in Maryland for galvanizing the conservative vote and bringing in the independent voters. O'Malley has built an entitlement state, between government workers in the DC area who vote to continue funding to their respective bloated agencies and special programs, the multi-generational urban welfare slugs and top these off with O'Malley's Illegal population growth (here comes amnesty) who will never bite the hand that feeds them...It's very close to a lost cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom