• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Has anyone heard about New Gun Laws that comes in effective this July 2013? My Father in Law mentioned it was on the NEWS Today. And while Father in Law and I was down at the MSP doing a Transfer. The Officer mention the same darn thing. Did I miss something? I thought the New 'AWB' Law was for Oct. 1 2013. Anyone with any info Please update this thread. Thanks

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Clipped from the Enrolled Bill:

SECTION 2. 3. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That this Act shall take effect October 1, 2013.

Entire bill is here: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/sb/sb0281e.pdf

The Maryland Constitution does call for this (clipped from the Legislative section):

SEC. 31. A Law passed by the General Assembly shall take effect the first day of June next after the session at which it may be passed, unless it be otherwise expressly declared therein or provided for in this Constitution (amended by Chapter 883, Acts of 1974, ratified Nov. 5, 1974).

Note the "expressly declared therein" in Section 31.

*** New MD Math: 7 days = 60 days; The cooling off period has become the boiling over period ***

Last edited:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    thought I saw in a thread that 7/1/13 was when the will go to electronic check , as of now its a paper check

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    All I know is that the Officer was definitely a Democratic. He was just bashing Our 2nd Amendment Rights. 'If you want a Safer Country there has to be Stricter Gun Laws.' 'Even if you are a Law binding Citizen, that's just Tough!'

Last edited:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    thought I saw in a thread that 7/1/13 was when the will go to electronic check , as of now its a paper check

That's right, they get the funding then... Maryland starts its fiscal year on 7/1. They are expecting the implementation and conversion to electronic processing to take a year.

Sheesh, bestill my heart. Made me look at that pile of dung again!!!

*** New MD Math: 7 days = 60 days; The cooling off period has become the boiling over period ***

Dreamquencher

Grammar Nazgûl
    Jan 20, 2013
    Undisclosed Location, MD
    All I know is that the Officer was definitely a Democratic. He was just bashing Our 2nd Amendment Rights. 'If you want a Safer Country there has to be Sticker Gun Laws.' 'Even if you are a Law binding Citizen, that's just Tough!'

Democratics need to STOP insisting on sticker gun laws for law binding citizens. Those stickers are expensive...and sticky.

P.S. And it is "law abiding", not "binding". We need to appear literate so that people take us seriously.

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    All I know is that the Officer was definitely a Democratic. He was just bashing Our 2nd Amendment Rights. 'If you want a Safer Country there has to be Stricter Gun Laws.' 'Even if you are a Law binding Citizen, that's just Tough!'

Yeah, I would reply with "Yep, I want a safer America so we can have less police and police that are not armed like military units. I'd also like safer police that do not screw up and kill people. I'd also like my police department, with a license to kill, to have video cameras attached to their helmets or shoulders so their every act can be recorded. Lord knows I have had enough LEO's lie on the stand and enough innocent people have been found on death row. Yep, I am all for a safer America where citizens do not have to worry about LEO's and the States Attorney ramming them through the legal system so they can 1) get overtime, and 2) pad their stats and get promoted/re-elected."

Yeah, I would have given him a piece of my mind. In essence, the 2nd Amendment is there to protect me from him and the rest of my government, because Lord knows LEOs do NOT lie and politicians definitely do NOT lie. I don't even trust either of them as far as I can throw them.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012

Sounds like a true company man or rookie cop with no idea of how the world really is. :tdown:

Either that or he is up for promotion to Command Staff level.

I hear Preparation H will also stop your nose from getting sunburned.

Gordnfreman

Feb 13, 2013
    Westminster
    That's right, they get the funding then... Maryland starts its fiscal year on 7/1. They are expecting the implementation and conversion to electronic processing to take a year.

Sheesh, bestill my heart. Made me look at that pile of dung again!!!

If SB281 stands as written, they won't need an electronic system. The current way they are doing it will be fine because the number of applications will drop to almost none!

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Hum was he or she in uniform at the time.... may violate policy to advocate while on the job....:)

I am sure he or she is just fine with the 4th amendment and the 5th cause you know they don't make for a less safe society ... ;)

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    If SB281 stands as written, they won't need an electronic system. The current way they are doing it will be fine because the number of applications will drop to almost none!

This is the one thing we must try and fight as hard as possible. We must do our best to keep the gun purchases up and the interest in our hobby, for self defense as well as the sport aspect.

I was very enthused when I read about MSI's plans to become the latrgest Training Organization in the State. That is ingenious. If we are able to keep the training costs down, the efficiency rate up we can kick them where it hurts.

We lost, but if we can lessen the sting to future weapons buyers in the State, we will really accomplish something. If you are not a MSI member before, I strongkly suggest you become one now.
    May I also add, I am not an MSI Member, but I will be very shortly, lartgely due to that MSI Training Organizational promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom