• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I went for a little while, didn’t buy anything. Prices weren’t all that bad for being at a gun show, but if you’re bargain hunting you probably shouldn't be shopping at a gun show IMO. I usually go with a couple of things I’m looking for that might be hard to find, and I usually end up finding something else. I’d go back if I were in the area, any show is better than the shows in far Western Maryland which is zero.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I went for a little bit.
    Some of the prices were tough or a little high for most items I think but I guess thats what it is hauling all the stuff around.
    Especially for the Milsurps, it was like Gold. Gold I'll say again.
    I only knew one seller as an acquaintance and he's from Jersey, not local but a decent fellow and one other was from Princess Anne.
    Surprised no one snagged that MRT sling. I saved enough on it to pay for two fares through the door so no complaints from me overall.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    I went for a little while, didn’t buy anything. Prices weren’t all that bad for being at a gun show, but if you’re bargain hunting you probably shouldn't be shopping at a gun show IMO. I usually go with a couple of things I’m looking for that might be hard to find, and I usually end up finding something else. I’d go back if I were in the area, any show is better than the shows in far Western Maryland which is zero.
    I concur, the prices were right in line with what I expected. The lobby ammo dealer was fair but not cheap. There was a dealer with vintage and obscure ammo that I have dealt with before in addition to another I met today. I was glad to see largley the absence of non-firearm related junk. Realistically, I think the difference we are seeing in the reaonably priced and or amatuer selling stuff is influenced by the no face-to-face long arms sales without an "official" transfer. People are simply overpricing stuff because they can. The reverse should be true; the additional transfer fees should make sellers offset asking price. We will see if the market settles and reflects that.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I went today, prices were what I thought were high and while I enjoyed looking and talking to a few people I didn't buy anything even though somethings were interesting. Still good to have the show locally.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I went today, prices were what I thought were high and while I enjoyed looking and talking to a few people I didn't buy anything even though somethings were interesting. Still good to have the show locally.
    Thats what I think. Things like used guns are expensive on the shore anyway.
    It's always been like that here, especially with private sellers regardless of the merchandise.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I ended up going out today, and found the prices on new product average, but high on used stuff.
    Not disappointed!

WSlagle

Mar 5, 2012
    Rock Hall
    I just got back. It was terrible. Very very small selection and a very, very very very high prices. I never thought I’d live to see a Chinese SKS selling for $2000 but there they were. Very high prices people thought that their stuff must’ve been gold or something. One guy wanted $20 per box for 9 mm. It was surplus stuff. Other than that there was barely any selection at all very small and certainly not worth the time. I certainly will not be going back.
    Yeah, disappointed by those. I think the one in the middle was like 1400ish IIRC. Absurd. Saw a few 10/22's with price tags that made my jaw drop.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Somebody over there should have told the guy selling deer antlers and skulls that stuff is illegal.
    If he was selling ball caps with A deer head in them I get it but jeesh.
    Next thing you know a shed horn hunter will have to register cast off antlers or his binoculars and walking boots.
    A shed horn permit.
    A SHH permit that needs a training sign off by a registered professional and a bunch of explicit hours from a conservation club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom