• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    What do you say to your customers in Wyoming, Texas, and Florida; where guns have injured three innocent people at Starbucks in the past two years?

OMG!!!!!!

Three ill-behaved guns out to kill!!

Oh.. wait...... "injured"...

And how many of the 3 were intentional acts?

I'm not sure what incidents they're talking about, specifically... but every incident I have found in a quick search was the result of an accident!!!

But the bigger point here is not that Starbucks is "pro gun"... they are "pro Constitution" and honor all local laws.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    Nothing like grandstanding on the corpses of innocent children to get a company to change its corporate policy to fit your personal phobias.

And how the hell are all the suicides in this country every year related to Starbucks allowing open carry?

If you make the decision to ban guns, your company has the chance to honor the 26 innocent lives lost here in Newtown and the 32,000 Americans lost annually to gun violence by becoming a leader in educating the public about firearm safety.

Two thirds of that 32,000 number are suicides. How about honoring them by helping others not be driven to the point of desperation where they feel their only option is death? How the hell is education about gun safety going to stop someone from deliberately shooting themself? And how is saying "pretend guns don't exist," educating the public?

Ah, the moral highground. Nowadays composed of moral fallacies and the tragically exploited.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I emailed a response to them:

To Howard Schultz, CEO

Dear Mr. Schultz,

As a law abiding citizen and a gun owner, I applaud your position to follow local laws and ordinances concerning the wearing of open or concealed handguns in Starbucks locations.

While my state of Maryland does not allow the common citizen this enumerated right, I am able to carry in other states when I'm traveling. I must admit that Starbucks is not my first choice in retail coffee, however due to Starbucks' corporate position in this matter, I typically purchase from your stores several times a week.

I appreciate how you are coming under fire from many who claim to support your work in other areas, areas where I don't particularly agree but which have no Constitutional stance. Amazing how these same individuals attack you for one stance, yet us "violent and uncultured" gun supporters will still support you. It is your support for the fundamentals of the Constitution that make myself, and might I add hundreds of thousands of other gun owners, choose to bring our dollars to your stores.

Thank you again, and have a wonderful day

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I recall an article saying Newtown turned down security improvements in the schools recently because "it costs too much." Anyone have a link?

Edit: Here we go, hypocrisy at it's finest. We the citizens of Newtown won't do anything about it, YOU fix it.

Residents have rejected a budget that included money for extra school security in the wake of the December school shootings, with town leaders suggesting the spending and required tax increases were a hard sell.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/04/25/newtown-residents-reject-more-funding-for-school-security/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom