• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Non LEO guy (doesn't matter tho) rolled up into Starbucks picking up an order. Open carry and bellied right at the counter waiting.
    Nothing stopping a bad guy smashing his face down into the counter.
    When he walked in he didn't look around, assess anything.
    Easy target.

He could have backed up against the wall waiting. There would have at least been a position a advantage.

Don't open carry and don't be this guy. But people will.
    3066decc484b9bf4cffc238dd63f8e1f.jpg
    Damn man, you invite me out to Starbucks and then make fun of me after I get there? Some people....jeez

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    And I stated the problem with open carry in my original post. Anyone could have gone over there and smashed him in the head with a bat, or whatever, and get that gun.
    You can be prepared all you want and be that awesome guy we all think we are, but if you are not aware of your situation, none of that preparation matters.
    What if I decided to break bad and shoot the place up? I am sitting there in the corner and could have easily lobbed 1 to the back of his grape.

You are so right. Happens all the time with cops.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I only wish I still had enough hair left on top of my head to pull off the “Waffen SS” haircut. Still wouldn’t open carry with my back to a room full of people, as Blaster has stated.

Maybe it’s “tactical awareness”, but I’d say at a minimum it’s just a healthy paranoia around crowds of strangers.

Roro

Jun 26, 2022
    Md
    Reminds me of someone else

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221006-072238_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20221006-072238_Samsung Internet.jpg
      175.5 KB · Views: 60

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm guilty of cracking jokes, but there are instances where people have to open carry in MD.

In Maryland, some Armored Car Companies and Security Firms don't authorize their employees to conceal carry.

I'm guessing he is a Manager or Supervisor since he isn't wearing a uniform (Just an ID Lanyard as Blaster mentioned). Security and Armored Car Divers will have a uniform but management/supervisors will often have unmarked clothing like a polo and khakis.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Or this guy.

He dead.

And this chick.

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    Non LEO guy (doesn't matter tho) rolled up into Starbucks picking up an order. Open carry and bellied right at the counter waiting.
    Easy target.

He could have backed up against the wall waiting. There would have at least been a position a advantage.

I don't go to Starbucks myself but I guess you have to do what you have to until Oct.1 after that it will be against the law to carry at all. Thanks to all the Dumocrats.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    only thing about OC that appeals to me is being able to oc a full size or it being more comfortable than appendix.
    I’d 100% OC bumping around the country, like hiking, or on my property. For those reasons. Otherwise I prefer keeping it hidden.

Just like my wang.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    If people are going to open carry with no situational awareness, at least use a friggin level 2 or 3 retention holster.

In Baltimore if you do security without at least a level 2, people think it is hilarious if they steal your gun and point it at you. The bank of America guy on rt 1 Lansdowne still walks around with a leather cowboy holster. A thief stole his revolver and then felt bad so he gave it back, . Dude didn't learn and still is wearing that BS.

dickyvee

Dec 3, 2019
    MoCo Md
    Problems or issues I notice;
    1. You’re in a Starbucks.
    2. The I’ve seen too many police TV shows carry.
    -Giant XL Safariland weapon light holster, positioned on the outside of hip (No Bueno). He’d need a triple X tee to cover that shit up.
    3. I believe that dude is sporting the “Hey everybody, I was an overseas contractor/ junior SF guy/ operator” haircut.
    -I’ve known/ know several other Trip. Canopy guys who rock the same look.
    4. The tan 5.10s.
    - Hell if ur gonna sport the “contractor” hair style, you may as well complete the uniform with the pants. Dear Jesus!
    5. You’re in a Starbucks.

In the immortal words of Sir Charles Barkley, “Turrible jus’ Turrible”!

I normally try to stay above the fray, but on Ash Wednesday, I’m feeling a bit spicy.

Lastly, that dude is probably an MDS member. If so, Remember we’re just clowning to clown.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Easy target.

Yes, people will......

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Immediately thought of this guy, Reece the redneck mercenary from Rambo.

Spending a lot of time in a garbage can, fighting for food with the garbage man.
    08B52005-6349-4B2A-A8BF-8D0C2C222CD1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom