• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    What kinda locks you have on that door? Blaster and I might just be able to pick those locks in under 2 minutes, maybe less.
    And if I heard y'all picking the lock it would be a seriously bad time for you to be in the vicinity.

fwgj

MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2022
    Up County MoCo
    Yes. New HGP holder and getting accustomed to holsters and comfort in carrying. Also allows me to work on concealing and not printing. If wife and mother in law don’t notice, I’m doing a good job.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I am right now.. trying different holster placement and such.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    The first rule of fight club is you dont talk about fight club. I treat my firearm like i treat my genitals; keep it in my pants and don't talk about it. That includes on the interwebs.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The first rule of fight club is you dont talk about fight club. I treat my firearm like i treat my genitals; keep it in my pants and don't talk about it. That includes on the interwebs.
    You try to discreetly scratch your firearm when you think nobody is looking?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yes. New HGP holder and getting accustomed to holsters and comfort in carrying. Also allows me to work on concealing and not printing. If wife and mother in law don’t notice, I’m doing a good job.

There is no requirement to conceal and no statute about printing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Yes, and the darned choke tube kept getting hung up at the ankle cuff when I drew, so now I wear bell-bottoms.

I’ll be back in style one of these days.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    That's perhaps not the worst plan. That said, this is a gun forum. What do you want to talk about? Kitchen appliances?

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    No, my point is if you wish to carry in your home do so. Don't come herel ookig for justification as to when you do and don't carry.

On an allied topic: If I carry my firearm 8 hours a day for a month and don't fire it, how often should clean it? I noticed my hammer operated firearm is getting a bit of lint where the hammer is pinned into the frame.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    On an allied topic: If I carry my firearm 8 hours a day for a month and don't fire it, how often should clean it? I noticed my hammer operated firearm is getting a bit of lint where the hammer is pinned into the frame.

I could answer your question, but I don’t talk about fight club guns. :D

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    No, my point is if you wish to carry in your home do so. Don't come herel ookig for justification as to when you do and don't carry.

You really don't have to give it a full cleaning, but a monthly wipe down is not a bad idea.

When I lived in Alaska, I was having a registration problem with my truck, so they sent an officer into the parking lot to get the vin off the trucks frame. I noticed his pistol, carried cocked and locked had an unbelievable amount of stuff between the hammer and firing pin I'm not sure if it would even fire. I asked him about it and he just grunted that it was fine.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    There is only 1 place a person should feel safe, and that's home. Other than wearing it around the house when you are new to learn for a week or so, is one thing. But if you carry in your house in your holster for home defense, then you have some serious issues. I'm not saying if you have only 1 pistol and you carry it from the living room to the bedroom so it's nearby, that's different.
    Get your head checked if you are "packing heat" throughout the house.

This is a bit of a thread revival. I read about a recent incident in Connecticut. A person posing as a package delivery driver knocks on the door of a home. The resident opens the door. Then the driver leans to peer into the home (I assume to see if anyone else is behind the person answering the door). You can see the delivery’s guy reach for a gun with his right hand. The apparently “unarmed” resident shoves the perp back, startling him, and more importantly creating needed space, I presume to close the door. The perp runs back to the getaway car and they leave.

The two were later arrested and police discovered that they had planned to invade the home, and restrain the residents, and rob them.

I’m not calling out your previous reply in a provocative way. It just seems like a good place to continue a possible useful conversation.

My first observation is don’t open the door. However, I could also think of plenty of situations where the person knocking may not appear to be a threat. Short of your known neighbors or a Girl Scout selling cookies; Under what circumstances is is “safe” to actually open the door? After seeing this video, it seems like you should be armed when answering the door, and of you are going to be armed, wouldn’t that imply that you might want to be armed while walking around at home in general?

Because the only other alternative I see, is that you leave a loaded weapon on the table, next to you, or next to the door at all times. If you have children living at home, not necessarily the best option either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom