• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I carry in my home because I am an FFL that runs a home based firearm business and my address is publicly available. I live in a safe area but my wife and I have received threats based on 1) our involvement/relationships with police departments and 2) I teach how to build black rifles and some people think I'm a bad person for it.
    Thanks for being bolder than I am.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Teddy Bears can attack at any time

Attachments

• 5173kkJJd9L._AC_SY780_.jpg
      5173kkJJd9L._AC_SY780_.jpg
      37.6 KB · Views: 65

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    No, I don't. My threat assessment tells me it isn't required based upon the totality of the circumstances. If I felt it was required, I'd likely be doing everything I could to move to a safer neighborhood.

Now, if the area was experiencing large scale civil unrest or I'd been threatened, sure, different ballgame.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    No, I don't. My threat assessment tells me it isn't required based upon the totality of the circumstances. If I felt it was required, I'd likely be doing everything I could to move to a safer neighborhood.

Now, if the area was experiencing large scale civil unrest or I'd been threatened, sure, different ballgame.
    But then concealment isn't a concern.

At that point you have more of a "look at me and what you are getting yourself into before you try to invade this property" approach.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    But then concealment isn't a concern.

At that point you have more of a "look at me and what you are getting yourself into before you try to invade this property" approach.
    Not my style. My immediate neighbors know I have guns, nobody else does. I don't advertise it. I don't want anyone deciding that my home looks like a good burglary target.

You see me in my suburban neighborhood, I'm a middle aged dad with a Subaru. Nothing interesting, nothing to see here, keep moving, my home is not the droid you are looking for.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    The more you carry the less obvious you are when you carry. New Bs often keep checking and fidgeting that is a direct give away to LEOs and others. Eventually it becomes second nature.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    carrying is insurance. and insurance has a cost, in this case it's discomfort, hassle, having to dress around it, risk of having a child access it, etc. we each need to do the math as to the chances of needing a gun on you in the house vs all the associated hassles.

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    Funny timing for this. I used to years ago, wen t to sometimes and then never. A few weekends ago, the property owner of the field next to my house cut the grass at the road edge and stupidly blew some grass out on the road. A day or so later 2 guys on motorcycles rode by and then turned around and came up my driveway. I was in my barn with the overhead door up and unfortunately visible from the road. They revved up and stopped about 10 feet from me and didn' t get off the bikes but cussed at me and got sporty over the grass. I eventually got through to them that it wasn't my property and I didn't mow it. They pussied up and slowly left. No apology though.
    I felt kinda threatened and was not armed. This was weird and rare for a really rural area, but...
    Rethinking options.
    I don't ride anymore mostly due to an on the job injury... And the fact people with more wheels than I have gotten waaaay more stupid since my injury in 08'. Sure sounds the the new age "badasses" I see riding nowadays. Realistically, pulling up on a guy on his own property in a rural environ, you may end up having a bad day...

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I only "carry" around the house if I'm trying out a new holster/set up or if bears are frequenting the property, which is rare. For the latter, it's easiest to just keep it on me when I take the dog out rather than forget that one time that I would've needed it. Even then, the odds are very low, but being mauled by an angry mama bear is very low on my list if priorities.

OMD6dawg

I carry in my home because I am an FFL that runs a home based firearm business and my address is publicly available. I live in a safe area but my wife and I have received threats based on 1) our involvement/relationships with police departments and 2) I teach how to build black rifles and some people think I'm a bad person for it.
    Sounds like a good reason to carry. When I lived in Baltimore in college and had a W&C, I carried in the house as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom