• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smileycloser

Apr 7, 2022
    do i need an h2 or h3 buffer for a 9mm pistol build?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Suggest you read the last 10 pages of the PCC omnibus thread in handguns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Research has its benefits a la Barry Cunliffe, Stephen Williams etc.

You have to understand the context.
    barry2.jpg

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I believe that's Barry himself. Never met him but read enough of his books to be impressed; that would be the one professor I would return to school for. An archeologist as is Stephen Williams.

Suggested reading, Facing the Ocean but there are others:

F Amazon:

In a nutshell you have to figure it out; either it floats or it sinks, go with what floats. An answer to a question may or may not be right, if the question is not accurate, or if the answer is based off others flawed research. If you get into the weeds, look for comparisons with a critical eye, understand the item or the subject as a whole, they you will see what fit's and does not fit.

Another way to look at it is map reading to GPS. GPS gets you quickly from A to B. Map reading you pick up more of what's around the route.

A final attempt at breaking through on this:
    You can go to a TJ or Naples whorehouse...
    Or you can use your wits and chat up that lovely Redhead...

No offense to anyone but my choice is Red!
    TJ.JPG

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    i met Tom Clancy if that helps.
    His older books were good, but after he ditched his wife and married his secretary he turned into a self-absorbed ******* (e.g., when he went to the gym he would insist the front desk page him in 30 minutes for no other reason than so that other patrons knew they were graced with his presence).

As for the buffer, you have a lot of variables involved, but if money is no object I am particularly fond of JP's SCS system.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    His older books were good, but after he ditched his wife and married his secretary he turned into a self-absorbed ******* (e.g., when he went to the gym he would insist the front desk page him in 30 minutes for no other reason than so that other patrons knew they were graced with his presence).

As for the buffer, you have a lot of variables involved, but if money is no object I am particularly fond of JP's SCS system.
    Good call, I haven't tried mine on a 9mm though. Do they make a heavier one?

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Good call, I haven't tried mine on a 9mm though. Do they make a heavier one?
    They make a PCC specific buffer - and you can get the system that allows significant flexibility (although the latter is well over $200. If you run multiple firearms with a JP SCS you can usually get away with buying one first and have a pretty extensive array of options)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They make a PCC specific buffer - and you can get the system that allows significant flexibility (although the latter is well over $200. If you run multiple firearms with a JP SCS you can usually get away with buying one first and have a pretty extensive array of options)
    I have two SCS's in rifles, but I have never tried their PCC version(lord knows I've tried just about everything else :rolleyes:).
    How are they with direct blowback actions?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    JP has a 5 weight SCSS for blowback 9mm. Swapping steel/tungsten weights it can go from 9.4 to 14oz, and the bumper choice allows for a 3" standard or 2" short stroke. Being you have to remove a pinned weight from a BCG for it to work, figure whatever weight you would normally go with needs to be 2oz heavier to offset that. It kinda sorta has cushions in between the weights, and is quiet and smooth, but at $200+ it isn't worth it IMO. Have shot a few PCC builds with it, and feels about the same as my 10oz KVP and a standard carbine spring with delrin short stroke spacer. With that buffer and my spring/silicone spacers my PCC feels much softer, about the same as the Blitzkreig PCC short stroke competition setup with buffer and 2.5oz weight. IMO that is about as good as blowback gets, and not far from CMMG RDB recoil feel, but not as good as roller delay or a MPX.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    JP has a 5 weight SCSS for blowback 9mm. Swapping steel/tungsten weights it can go from 9.4 to 14oz, and the bumper choice allows for a 3" standard or 2" short stroke. Being you have to remove a pinned weight from a BCG for it to work, figure whatever weight you would normally go with needs to be 2oz heavier to offset that. It kinda sorta has cushions in between the weights, and is quiet and smooth, but at $200+ it isn't worth it IMO. Have shot a few PCC builds with it, and feels about the same as my 10oz KVP and a standard carbine spring with delrin short stroke spacer. With that buffer and my spring/silicone spacers my PCC feels much softer, about the same as the Blitzkreig PCC short stroke competition setup with buffer and 2.5oz weight. IMO that is about as good as blowback gets, and not far from CMMG RDB recoil feel, but not as good as roller delay or a MPX.
    Too much like work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom