• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Just got sample primary ballots in the mail the other day..

And I get the opposite party sample ballots.

Calvert

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Attorney General:

Anthony Brown. Unfortunately leads 49% to 29%. Introduced legislation in Congress for microstamping, against ghost guns, 3D printing, supports "universal" background checks (does that mean illegals as well before they enter here? That was a rhetorical question), against firearm "kits", wants serialization, supports red flag laws, promises to sue more gun makers with your money, "I will continue my work in Congress to improve upon Maryland’s ballistics imaging program" What the fuq? Does he mean the shell case nonsense?, to name a few. Basically, put him down for any gun grabbing scheme you've heard of.

Katie Curran O’Malley. Wants to ban "ghost guns", wants to sue gun makers, as part of her "Reducing Gun Violence" agenda wants to "Aggressively prosecute white nationalist and domestic terrorists organizations" (I assume that means "anyone who's not a democrat but especially the evil Ultra MAGA).

DINO take on this:

We're fuq'd.
    Mrs. Martin O'Malley's commercials drive me nuts... blowing the whistle on those trying to take away "our rights" like a woman's right to choose and the right to vote. Please for the love of God tell me who is trying to take away anyone's right to vote? She is clearly, however, trying to attack the enumerated right to keep and bear arms... but I guess that one is OK, right?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Congressional District 4

Their appear to be only two viable candidates each have about the same amount of campaign money from the sources I find.

Donna Edwards, former swamp dweller and Glenn Ivey, former PGCo SA, both have what seem to be equally awful opinions on legal firearm ownership. Ivey may be worse because he wants an (unconstitutional) federal firearms license to own a gun.

According to WaPo Ivey has a pro-Israel stance while Edwards has a history of pro-Palestinian support. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ryland-4th-district-primary-endorsement-2022/

DINO position: Ivey might be the slightly better DINO choice since Edwards seems to have more name recognition.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Congressional District 5

Swamp creature Steny Hoyer has orders of magnitude more money in the poster child for Maryland gerrymandering district.

His nearest competitor is a barking moonbat who got an award from Mom's Demand Action (no get) and complains about the militarization of police.

DINO position: my head hurts from reading this drivel.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Congressional District 6

The incumbent is known swamp creature and firearms rights hater David Trone. He has orders of magnitudes more money than his nearest competitor, Ben Sim who's web page states on "Gun Safety": "As a Moms Demand Action Gun Sense Candidate, I support red flag laws, waiting periods, background checks, training requirements, closing gun show loopholes and expanding liability. High capacity weapons and magazines, even post-sale modification, have no place in a functional society."

DINO position: Write "Trone sucks" on your ballot.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Congressional District 7

I can't find any financial data for any Democrats other than Kweisi Mfume , the incumbent.

DINO Position: vote for anyone other than Mfume.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Congressional District 8

Same as the 7th. Jamie Ratskin is the incumbent. No data for the other Dem candidate.

DINO Position: Vote for other than Ratskin.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Congressional District 6

The incumbent is known swamp creature and firearms rights hater David Trone. He has orders of magnitudes more money than his nearest competitor, Ben Sim who's web page states on "Gun Safety": "As a Moms Demand Action Gun Sense Candidate, I support red flag laws, waiting periods, background checks, training requirements, closing gun show loopholes and expanding liability. High capacity weapons and magazines, even post-sale modification, have no place in a functional society."

DINO position: Write "Trone sucks" on your ballot.
    There's one more on the ballot: George Gluck. Might as well vote for him and try to oust Trone.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    In all seriousness, is there a MD GOP anti RINO site that can provide some info on the primary candidates for the state and local districts? Many of these candidates don't even have websites. Specifically, District 5 congressional district, House of Delegates 29C, Calvert County commissioner at large, dist 1,2,3. Sheriff, GOP central commitee and BOE candidates that do not support CRT. I have looked and this info is not out there. Thanks in advance.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    In all seriousness, is there a MD GOP anti RINO site that can provide some info on the primary candidates for the state and local districts? Many of these candidates don't even have websites. Specifically, District 5 congressional district, House of Delegates 29C, Calvert County commissioner at large, dist 1,2,3. Sheriff, GOP central commitee and BOE candidates that do not support CRT. I have looked and this info is not out there. Thanks in advance.
    See if they (the candidates) have a Tweeter account or Facebook page. Some seem to use Facebook for their campaign.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Thanks but I don't use FB or Twit.
    I don't use Facebook and only signed up for Twitter because it's the de facto meeting place for an aspect of Amateur Radio. However, a lot of time you can see content on both without an account especially if it's something they want the public to see.

Found this as well:

Last edited:

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    I took the trouble to come up with this analysis. It isn't quite as complete as I would have like it to have been, but do check it out:

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Sadly borrowing a major miracle, you may be right. Do know that there will be five or six candidates on the ballot for governor in the general election. Besides the Democrats and Republicans, the Libertarians, Greens and Working Class parties will field candidates and an unaffiliated candidate may also be on the ballot if he gets enough signatures.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom