• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimB

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick County, MD
    I need some help from the MDS brains. I have a check engine light on my duramax and need a good mechanic with scan tool to track it down. I am near libertytown.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    At least swing by AutoZone or similar and have them scan the codes for free. Post here. Could be something as simple as low battery voltage or a commonly failed sensor.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I need some help from the MDS brains. I have a check engine light on my duramax and need a good mechanic with scan tool to track it down. I am near libertytown.
    Whereabouts in fredneck county? I work just south of town during the week. I could probably meet up with you one evening and at least retrieve the code(s).

My dirtymax is down a glowplug and that sets the CEL. It doesn't hurt anything in the Isuzu engine til you are down at least three, some say four or five. I've started mine in -15 F air, not plugged in, down a plug. No issues.

JimB

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick County, MD
    It's a P0299 Low boost pressure. I have changed the O rings on the Y bridge neck. Pressure tested the intake from the turbo , Cleaned the EGR cooler and regulator. Still the same P0299

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    It's a P0299 Low boost pressure. I have changed the O rings on the Y bridge neck. Pressure tested the intake from the turbo , Cleaned the EGR cooler and regulator. Still the same P0299
    Professional auto and truck (dean breedens shop) if you are in the frederick city area. Does light to heavy duty trucks. Down behind Browns liquors.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Dirty MAF sensors?

Just a WAG, could be an easy fix depending upon where they are. Not a diesel, but my Ecoboost throws various turbo errors if the sensors before and after it get dirty. The computer can't figure out how much air flow it's actually getting and what the pressure should be.

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    if you havent completed this... come on over I can scan it. I have an Autel 8500 I believe. I am just out of libertown in mt airy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom