• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Did your thread, or a thread you were participating in disappear?

Why does that happen?

Simple. Somebody was an *******.

There's THREE of us to moderate this forum. There's thousands of daily users and even more visitors. There's thousands of posts every day. Do the math.

Do you think we have time to read every post of every thread looking for offensive or off topic posts? don't answer, I already know the answer.

We don't have the time to do that, and we shouldn't have to. Nearly every member of this forum is an adult and we expect you to act like adults. We are not babysitters, and we'd much rather participate in the forums than sit back and moderate every damned discussion.

Norton has asked nicely to act civilized, and given clearly defined reasons why that is important to us. Several of you continue to act as though we've never given any direction whatsoever as to how you are expected to behave on this forum. Ignoring our polite requests is at the most basic level rude, and at worst it's downright f'ing ignorant.

When we politely ask you to stop with the overwhelming amount of disgusting off topic pictures, we expect you to simply let up. Do we really need to define every stinking rule of etiquette around here? You're adults, and if you can't show US the respect of abiding by a few simple guidelines, then we'll have to take more action. And that means we won't be deleting posts, we'll be deleting entire threads. That's not fair to the people who contributed positively to those threads and the people that are trying to learn something from those threads. But that's not OUR fault. We are providing what I, and most members here consider to be an excellent and valuable resource for FREE.

Now let's talk about how you've been treating each other. I suspect most of you would speak in a completely different tone when sharing a bench on a firing line with each other. I expect you to speak to each other as you would speak to your best friend's grandmother.

Now of course there are exceptions. As many of us have been members here for years, we've shared experiences, beers and range time together. I get it...I really do. I participate in that horseplay among friends as much as anybody else. That is COMPLETELY different from what I'm talking about, and 99% of you know exactly what I mean.

The name calling stops now. If we can't discuss non gun related issues as adults, we'll simply not allow any non gun related discussion. That will suck, but it won't suck as much as answering all the damned pm's complaining about B.S. that has no place being here in the first place. The time we save by not having to deal with juvenile name calling and other bullcrap will be much enjoyed sitting around with my family, or having a few beers in the backyard without wondering who's going to be throwing the next verbal punch on the forums.

And lastly, if you can't take the heat, stay the hell out of the kitchen. Don't bother getting into a thread with people you know you'll lose your patience with. Say your piece, acknowledge somebody's response, and hold your temper.

Attack the argument, not the person making the argument.

As a reminder, you ALL saw this when you joined here. If you've forgotten, here is a quick reminder:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Maryland Shooters will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Maryland Shooters, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in violation of any laws.

The owners of Maryland Shooters reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

I put the relevant sections in bold. This simple agreement has not changed since the day this forum went online.

This thread is not open for discussion. If you feel as though there's something here you don't understand, pm me and I'll get back to you after I wade through the dozens of other pm's waiting.

No one person is being singled out here, for we all bear a little responsibilty for the direction of these threads. Thanks, and from 4:45pm today, April 12th 2010 let's start with a clean slate.

Last edited:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Update

Even with 5 of us now, the forums has increased by more thn 3,000 members in the past year and the above policy is still in effect.

We try not be hardasses, but we have lives too, and cleaning up crap around here sometimes takes more time than a thread is worth.

If your thread disappeared, don't get your panties in a bunch and take it personally. If we have an issue with a thread you started, we'll try to make sure you know about it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    One more quick bump to remind folks...

As another thought for your vanishing threads, there have been a staggering amount of duplicated threads around here lately. If yours disappeared, do a search for your post. You'll probably find the thread it was rolled in to. Couple of quick suggestions:

1) If it's about the President, check The Obama Bitch thread, it'll probably go there.
    2) If you got it as an email, please run some of the unique details through our search function, we've probably discussed it.
    3) If it seems too outlandish to be real, please check it out before posting. Although these are strange times, there's A LOT of garbage on the net and someone here will probably have seen it as garbage before.

Thanks all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom