• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****I think they are having public hearings on this July 11th in Westminster, 2-4pm and 6-8pm at 125 Stoner Avenue. I'm sure it will be a rather contentious hearing as this project will affect many families in that area.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Looks to be awfully close to our farm. We haven't recieved any correspondence so maybe not on our property but possibly the neighbors. Several family members will be attending the hearing.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    ****I think they are having public hearings on this July 11th in Westminster, 2-4pm and 6-8pm at 125 Stoner Avenue. I'm sure it will be a rather contentious hearing as this project will affect many families in that area.
    Just checking a box by holding a hearing. Nothing the peasants say will change that what has already been decided.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    They attempted a project such as this in Dorchester county a few years ago which was met with stiff resistance. They wanted to come across the bay with transmission cables, pop up on land in the marsh and continue up through the county establishing a transmission corridor.
    It may have been up to nearly a decade ago or close to it by a few years.
    Ultimately it was scrapped due to public and landowner opposition which was completely effective.
    It was the same thing, minus the bone throwing with application of a data center and all that BS.
    What’s changed however was the continual nudge towards green energy , renewables, non local landowners ie financing property etc which in my opinion further complicates the issue and clouds the average homeowners ability to rationalize the extent of the undertaking of such a project.
    Whether or not the ability to stave off huge electrical projects continues to be the norm here in our county remains to be seen.
    My question would be at public input meeting, What’s all that renewable nonsense doing for you now?
    And lastly , FU very much- have a nice day.
    Your pretty smart just know what a no trespass sign looks like and again FU and your transmission line. My property taxes are paid by me not my home lending organization.
    Some of the mapped proposals already include existing infrastructure so that’s going to be hard to beat because the property is already deeded as such with a ROW.
    Worst thing is people have been paying for this with transmission delivery and green energy fee’s for some time. To add insult to injury as they often say.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    One of these routes takes half the land of two of my friends/neighbors (at 25+ acres each), and then goes 10 feet off the back of my property (where I hunt). F that nonsense. Anyone going to the "Q&A" in Brunswick today? I am.

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    From what I have read most of this is being done because Maryland is closing all of it coal and gas powerplants. They know we will no longer be able to produce our own energy so we must get it somewhere else. What a great green energy plan we have.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    From what I have read most of this is being done because Maryland is closing all of it coal and gas powerplants. They know we will no longer be able to produce our own energy so we must get it somewhere else. What a great green energy plan we have.
    That's what I read in one article. Maryland uses more electricity than it generates, and we import more from West Virginia and Pennsylvania. After the coal plants are closed in MD, they'll need more infrastructure to pull more power down from PA.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Dad said the meeting was a bunch of BS. Set up like a science fair, where company propagandists are attempting to tell people that this entire project is for the good of the public and not just to route power to the Quantum Loophole data center. They’re not doing it in a “town hall” format so they don’t have to deal with people cursing at them all night.

He said he cussed out a “douchebag with a man-bun” that was trying to tell him this is good for the environment. All of the company propagandists are from New Jersey. He said there was a lot of Virginia license plates there too.

There’s a couple Facebook groups popping up that are dedicated to fighting this. If you’re on Facebook, I suggest joining them.

Sirex