• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peaceful John

May 31, 2011
    A correspondent wrote: “I've not seen a single, as in literally not one, viable argument that says we can make an impact with the R's. Please prove me wrong.”
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The correspondent is right. There are not enough of our type to impact elections. We and those like us are political “flyover country”. We are ignored at no cost because we cannot tip an election.

Care to change that?

As many have observed, there is currently no clear distinction between Democrats and Republicans. The reason might be that both are struggling for the same “Undecided” voters and this forces the overlap. The Undecideds are politically significant. It has been a very long time since either the Democrats or the Republicans have won an important election after netting out the Undecided voters. They are enough to tip the scale. He who controls the Undecideds controls the election.

Traditionally, Undecideds are attracted through competitive bidding. The bidding is always done with taxpayer money, so there’s no direct cost to the bidder, and always involves Free Stuff. They are bought votes, but they don’t stay bought. If they did, they would no longer be Undecideds. They must be fought over again two years hence, with even more Free Stuff. Thus the Entitlement Class prospers.

The weakness in basing a campaign on feeding the Free Stuff Army is that it leaves another, perhaps larger but certainly more motivated group of voters without a reason to vote. These are the people who earn their own living, pay their bills, give a little to charity, and pick up after themselves. They don’t approve of the FSA or their enablers.

Unlike the Democrats and the Republicans, the Tea Party takes no stand on matters of individual conscious. The Tea Party’s sole purpose is fiscal responsibility on the part of the government. That might be something we can get behind. What if we support in whatever way we can both the local and the national Tea Party? At some point, perhaps not that far away, it will become obvious to either the Democrats or the Republicans (or both) that there’s another player on the field. This player is certainly not large enough to defeat either of the established parties on a one-on-one basis, but it is large enough to contribute mightily towards offsetting whatever gains the other side gets from pandering to the Free Stuff Army. That might be enough.

At that point, when we can tip an election, we can no longer be ignored.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Counterpoints: This does not mean that a national party will see the gun issue in the same light was we. It may well mean that the national party could be induced to neutrality, however. It will mean that the Free Stuff Army gets less free stuff and that side is diminished, which must also be good for America.

My intent in constructing this is not to present a complete plan. Rather, it is to present a possible alternative to the current reality that we (and those such as we) are not players. I would be disappointed if nobody improved what I’ve written, and others improved him, until the ideas here become reality.

3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    The Tea Party are just far right republicans...same old, same old

You want real change, put people in that are not and have not been part of the machine.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    In Maryland, depending on your district, Operation Dino appears our best option and I've been told that it scares the H*ll out of them.

It should, this is the best way of winning against them. Crush them from the inside and subvert the party like the liberal hard core left did in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom