• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I was able to make it up there today. I was debating with myself on whether I should go or not( I recently had shoulder surgery and was not going to be able to shoot). Knowing I was not going to be able to shoot was kinda bringing me down even before I made the choice to go. Let me say that I am glad I talked myself into going. I met a bunch of really nice people and had a great time(who know you could without shooting?). I got to meet fivepointstar, 3RDRCN, and a few others from here (again great bunch of folks). I even reloaded mags for a couple of folks there. While I was there I picked up an application for membership there. Can anybody guess what I'm asking Santa for for Christmas???? ;)

EDIT
    I think I may have placed this in the wrong spot. If a MOD wants to move it to the Central Maryland forum that's fine.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Glad you made it put there and sorry I missed it. Barring any more emegrgencies I'll be there next time. :thumbsup:

I've only started going in the last few months and it is definitely a lot of fun. It's also a good way to meet a bunch of fellow MDS folks.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    i looked for you and a few of the others from thursday night. You're right though, it is a lot of fun AND a good way to meet folks from here. Hopefully next month my shoulder will be ready. It's the last weekend of the month right?

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    It was great to finally meet you. You looked down that you couldn't shoot today....that was a bummer. as i said, you're free to shoot w/ us @ Delta as a Guest or if you get your membership just hook up with us.

be safe!!!

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    It was great to finally meet you. You looked down that you couldn't shoot today....that was a bummer. as i said, you're free to shoot w/ us @ Delta as a Guest or if you get your membership just hook up with us.

be safe!!!

I was a little bummed, but not as much as I WOULD have been, had I fired and aggravated my shoulder-you would have seen me in tears!!!! Trust me, you'll see me again.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    km04, I feel your pain. I had rotator cuff and labrum surgery in beginning of March. I am now back up to about 30 - 40 % in the left shoulder.

Being primarily a handgunner and right handed, I used one hand for awhile, like when I cut my handgunning teeth. I did keep the left arm cinched up snug early on. Even hurt to slam a mag in properly, sometimes I seated the mag by pushing the bottom of the mag on the bench. I worked on nursing the support arm up when I could. But, it was better than not shooting. It was July when I was able to begin shouldering a long gun again.

I was there at the shoot last Sunday. I was in the group shooting with FPS, is that the group you were with?

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I had a crazy SLAP TEAR(Superior Labral tear from Anterior to Posterior-google it f or those of you who want to know more), lucky me I got to have my bicep reattached and three screws to boot!!!! I feel your pain(literally). I was home practicing mag loading and just like you it hurt like hell. I got a ways to go but have already come a long way. Get to ditch the sling all day(unless it starts to kick my butt not to wear it), only sleep in it-PLUS I don't have to sleep in the recliner anymore(I'm sure you know what fun that is). I hope to be there for the next one and I think I may be bringing a ".45 caliber friend" with me!!!!!!

Yep, I was in that group as well. I was the only one NOT shooting!:envy:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    You tore yourself up pretty good. Bummer on the bicep tear also. I didn't have a detached bicep. I know that was lucky on my part. I had a laminated tear in the supraspinatus muscle and shredded the labrum.

The pics they showed of the operation were way cool, I know that...'nuther worldly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom