• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sta27ems

Jan 31, 2023
    Millington, MD
    I am currently a Delaware resident. I have my Delaware resident and PA non-resident currently. I am moving to Maryland in the first week of March. My Delaware CC expires May 31st, which means I would lose my PA CC, My MD Wear and Carry is in the pipeline and I received my NICS # yesterday. So looking at some of the more recent applications, I would receive my MD in about 30 to 45 days. I also have my Utah app sent and it shouldn't be much longer on that one. My concern is that if I don't receive my MD before I need to submit my renewal for DE, takes about 2 months, then I'm not able to carry in DE, MD, or PA. Should I just let it ride and assume that I will have my Maryland before I need to change addresses. Sorry if a little confusing.

Last edited:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Tell DE you want to convert your CCDW to a Permanent (not the Temporary 30 permit) Non-Resident Permit.

They will tell you there is no such animal.

File your lawsuit against DE since there is no Reciprocity with MD. No need to mention your Utah permit.

Sta27ems

Jan 31, 2023
    Millington, MD
    Tell DE you want to convert your CCDW to a Permanent (not the Temporary 30 permit) Non-Resident Permit.

They will tell you there is no such animal.

File your lawsuit against DE since there is no Reciprocity with MD. No need to mention your Utah permit.
    Re-reading my post My DE is a permanent. It just so happens to expire close to the same time that I am moving. And I will lose my PA non-resident if I let my home state expire.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Re-reading my post My DE is a permanent. It just so happens to expire close to the same time that I am moving. And I will lose my PA non-resident if I let my home state expire.
    It's not Permanent. It is a Resident permit. Once you move, regardless of expiration date, it is no longer valid.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Are you renting your property in DE or have another property in DE your cars and permit can be kept on?

Anything? :innocent0

Otherwise, looks like you planned well for the move.

Buy everything you "need" while you are still there.

Sta27ems

Jan 31, 2023
    Millington, MD
    Are you renting your property in DE or have another property in DE your cars and permit can be kept on?

Anything? :innocent0

Otherwise, looks like you planned well for the move.

Buy everything you "need" while you are still there.
    No property in DE. And as far as "needs" I think DE is about as bad as MD anymore.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Just apply for a MD Non-resident and get it switched to a resident at the appropriate time.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The OP has . He's concerned about it not getting issued before his scheduled move .

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    When you loose your DE permit your PA permit is void. Get your MD permit get a new PA permit then get a permit that has reciprocity with DE and you will be good to go.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    I'm not an attorney.

From what I can tell on the MD DOT website it looks like you have 60 days to get your MD drivers license after relocating to MD. If you can afford it, maybe renew the DE license now and hold off on officially changing your residency to MD until you are settled and comfortable in MD, and within the timelines required by local laws to get an ID/drivers license, etc. Life is life and for all anyone knows, you might want to return to DE within that 60 day timeline.

I think the MD wear and carry process is running close to 90 days and it looks like you've already applied. After you're settled in MD and get an ID you may then be able to change your MD wear and carry permit from out of state to resident; and if you want to keep your DE license, you may then be able to change it from resident to out of state.

You'll probably incur extra fees but if you plan the renewals and changes around the local regulations/calendar for obtaining ID's and declaring residency it might work.

Again, I'm not an attorney but I think it's worth checking out the calendar requirements for residency changes/declarations and obtaining MD identification.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Delaware honors Florida permits, according to Handgunlaw.us. So apply for a FL permit. The FL permit is pretty rapid and painless, except you'll need inked prints from a police agency.
    Apparently DE doesn't care if you're a FL resident or not.
    Your PA permit expires when your DE permit is no longer valid, so that will have to be taken care of when you get a MD permit.

Edit: I didn't realise you'd already applied for a Utah permit. That gets you DE, but not FL.

These laws are ridiculous. You sure you want to move to MD? Might as well go to someplace that isn't totally screwed up, and is relatively safe from emigrating Leftists escaping the messes they made.

Last edited:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I'm not an attorney.

From what I can tell on the MD DOT website it looks like you have 60 days to get your MD drivers license after relocating to MD. If you can afford it, maybe renew the DE license now and hold off on officially changing your residency to MD until you are settled and comfortable in MD, and within the timelines required by local laws to get an ID/drivers license, etc. Life is life and for all anyone knows, you might want to return to DE within that 60 day timeline.

I think the MD wear and carry process is running close to 90 days and it looks like you've already applied. After you're settled in MD and get an ID you may then be able to change your MD wear and carry permit from out of state to resident; and if you want to keep your DE license, you may then be able to change it from resident to out of state.

You'll probably incur extra fees but if you plan the renewals and changes around the local regulations/calendar for obtaining ID's and declaring residency it might work.

Again, I'm not an attorney but I think it's worth checking out the calendar requirements for residency changes/declarations and obtaining MD identification.
    No such thing as "changing it to out of state (aka Non-Resident)" in DE.

Hence why I mentioned he was in the perfect situation (undeniable Standing) to sue DE and their "weapons" laws.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    No such thing as "changing it to out of state (aka Non-Resident)" in DE.

Hence why I mentioned he was in the perfect situation (undeniable Standing) to sue DE and their "weapons" laws.
    I did not know that.

Sta27ems

Jan 31, 2023
    Millington, MD
    there is a MD application tracking thread here https://www.mdshooters.com/threads/application-progress-tracking-thread.266788/page-493#post-6991064

Currently it looks like Maryland permits are running about 45 days. I applied for Utah in December took about 32days so pretty quick. I applied for Pennsylvania last night and was approved today.

What is the application accepted date for your maryland wchp?
    Accepted 2/3 and NICS 2/15 for MD
    Utah charged credit card 2/7

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom