• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Got an email from Del-Ton. If you order off their website, they have free shipping until Dec 20.

If you are thinking about a unique build, Del-Ton is one of the few companies that offers an A2 upper, both configured as an upper barrel assembly, completed upper, or stripped upper.

Sure they aren't "The best"but they aren't junk either. My A2 20 inch upper can punch out the ten spot at 50... And that's just with iron sights.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Del-Ton is on my S$&( (potentially) list right now. I ordered one of their black Friday uppers. 16" heavy barrel, chrome lined.

attachment.php

Price was $399 free shipping, really not bad. Then their cart (see above) added their 12% promotion I didn't even use the code.

About a week later I get the following email. Of course they use the term "deduction" instead of spelling out the price correction.

"Hi,

Thank you for your Black Friday Order!!
    There was a little error on the Coupon Codes for the Black Friday Sale. It was not supposed to allow you to use both coupon codes on the RKT116 for $399. The 12% off was for additional items, not RKT116. There will be a $47.88 deduction for each RKT116 that you purchased. We are sorry for this mistake and hope you understand. We are sending promotional items with your order for compensation.

If you have any questions please email us back or give us a call at 910-645-2172 option 1.

Thanks
    Del-Ton, Inc."

So basically welching on a price they gave me. I get it, probably not great margins, really not badly priced. I probably should have canceled it but got distracted and I believe its shipped. Well see what promotional items they through in, I guess if they are really generous I might feel ok about the transaction. Better be more than a T-Shirt

And to think I was going to order an A2 upper too.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Del-ton is now officially on my do not order list. Not only did they welch on a discount they applied, their "promotional items for compensation" turned out to be a beer cozy and a sticker. Really? Couldn't even spare an extra mag or something? Come on.

Its a nice upper for the money, I just expect a little better out of companies. Especially in this competitive AR parts market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom