• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 25, 2012
    I am interested in purchasing my first AR-15. I noticed at the Frederick Gun Show this Del-Ton DTI-15 model. Would this make a good 1st AR purchase? I intend on going to the range from time to time, so I don't need anything fancy. Also, I have to get the "H-Bar" model...correct?

Any comments and/or suggestions would certainly be appreciated. Thanks all.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If your under 21 or can't legally be in possesion of MD regulated firearms, yes - you have to get an HBAR type.

If it's just going to be a range toy, it should do just fine.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Del-Ton is a good brand. Not the top of the line but it will work. I'm looking at maybe getting one of their uppers myself.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I have a Del-Ton that is a few years old. It uses a commercial buffer tube, not a mil spec one. When I was upgrading the buttstock the stock I wanted was only available for mil spec tubes. I then bought option #2, a different Magpul buttstock.

The rifle itself has been very reliable and good enough accuracy for my needs. In October I swapped the upper for a Spike's upper and added an Aimpoint. The Spike's upper is a little lighter in weight.

If I was looking for another lower with a commercial tube I would consider them.

vetter22

May 2, 2012
    I just purchased a Del-Ton DTI in March. It's a nice little gun and worked great with the stock 20 round mag. Just an fyi, had to do a minor adjustment on the M4 feed ramp to get rounds to feed properly out of Magpul mags.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    There's nothing wrong with Del-Ton. But seriously, if you have any mechanical ability at all, you can assemble your own kit and prolly save a few bucks.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I think your only problem with Del-Ton is going to be actually getting parts from them...they seem to be backordered all the time.

Why do you need to go to Del-Ton for parts? It's an AR, there are at least a few hundred parts suppliers out there.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Del-ton is a pretty good AR for the price. If it's for the shooting range, it should be a great gun. If it's specifically for SHTF or hard use, I would get something else. Nothing wrong with it at all, its just if you are trying to meet that "mil-spec" word it does not make the spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom