• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KB Defense

Industry Partner
    May 15, 2023
    Laurel
    I have a defensive pistol series some people may be interested in – the first session is 5 Jun 2023. Details are below:

Instructor is former SWAT, federal law enforcement and instructor at the Joint Law Enforcement Training Center. You must first take NRA Basic Pistol (or equivalent) before you can take this course. Defensive Pistol Series is designed to increase accuracy and speed in the first phase. In the second phase students work on multiple target acquisition and individual movement. The third phase introduces complex movements and advanced shooting positions. Please submit your $100 deposit via Zelle info@gappstrategies.org or Venmo @GAPP-Strategies or CashApp $GAPPStrategies to reserve your slot. The total is due the week prior to class. Click on the button to sign up. Thank you!

Bring eye and hearing protection in addition to a lunch. No V-neck shirts unless they can be buttoned up to the neck. A kydex paddle holster is recommended; however, whichever brand you have, it must have positive retention meaning that if you hold the holster upside-down, the gun will stay in. Strong-side, outside-the-waistband holsters only. You need a magazine pouch and at least four magazines; only one pouch is needed for concealment but some configurations have a two-mag pouch which is fine for this course. Your belt needs to be sturdy to hold the holster and gun and not loosen or flop around; a rescue belt is a good option. Please store your ammo separate from your gun during transportation unless you have a concealed carry permit. Stop the Bleed in taught as part of this series.

Defensive Pistol I; $235 - You must first take NRA Basic Pistol (or equivalent) before you can enroll in this course. This course is designed to increase proficiency as a shooter preparing for a defensive pistol situation and is the first of three tactical handgun courses. It is an 8-hour course conducted solely on the range. Instruction and practical skills include remediating stoppages, tactical and emergency reloads, presentation from a holster and drills to improve accuracy and speed in a defensive pistol encounter. Bring your own lunch and drink, handgun, holster, holster belt, eye and ear protection and at least 250 rounds of ammo.

Defensive Pistol II; $285 - Successful completion of Defensive Pistol I is required for enrollment in Defensive Pistol II. This course is 8 hours long and designed to build upon the accuracy and speed from Defensive Pistol I and introduces multiple targets and movement of the defender to the defensive handgun encounter. Transitioning between targets quickly and accurately while the defender moves in order to survive a defensive handgun situation will be taught using various drills to increase the skill set of the defender. Bring your own lunch and drink, handgun, holster, holster belt, eye and ear protection and at least 250 rounds of ammo.

Defensive Pistol III; $335 - Successful completion of Defensive Pistol II is required for enrollment in Defensive Pistol III. This course is 8 hours long and builds on the movement, multiple threat and survivability lessons from Handgun II. Instruction and skills taught in this course include barricades, obstacles, concealment, target discrimination (hostile vs non-hostile) and advanced shooting positions. The culminating event is a complex defensive pistol situation using skills from all three courses. Bring your own lunch and drink, handgun, holster, holster belt, eye and ear protection and at least 250 rounds of ammo.

KB Defense

Industry Partner
    May 15, 2023
    Laurel
    LEOSA creds would suggest differently. I don't know who pissed in your Wheaties but it wasn't me. I pray you can heal from your wound(s) and be unshackled from the past. If you want to take the course and after the first hour it is beneath you, you can teach the rest of the class. Or walk away with a refund.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    LEOSA creds would suggest differently. I don't know who pissed in your Wheaties but it wasn't me. I pray you can heal from your wound(s) and be unshackled from the past. If you want to take the course and after the first hour it is beneath you, you can teach the rest of the class. Or walk away with a refund.
    People like to know where Instructors worked. So you were a DoD cop. You can say that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom