• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I would go with the M9A1, it has a 1913 Picatinny rail slot, is made in Accokeek, and is compatible with all the parts currently available for the 92. The 92A1 has a different frame (it's basically the 90-Two) and recoil spring assembly (it's captive and not the same size as the 92 so you can't install the steel one).

That being said the 92A1 is a solid gun. The only ones I see with problems are cosmetic issues caused by rough handling during shipping, or damaged frames from ranges that NEVER clean the guns or swap out the recoil springs...

Get the Beretta. :D

ETA: For clarity the 92A1 is made in Italy, the [92FS Type] M9A1 is made in the US. They are very similar but not the same.

I prefer the 92A1 since it has dovetailed front sights. Neither here nor there. The holster options for both are kind of limited.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    I forgot to mention that both the M9A1 and Sig 226 come equipped with 1913 rails. And since jawn brought it up, holsters are available somewhat limited. I have the blackhawk serpa holster for my Sigs and they serve their purpose well for me. And they have different options for drop leg to OWB belt or paddle. The serpa is available for both pistols as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom