• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    With the Primary Election just ahead of us, I thought I'd give my analysis of what activities we should involve ourselves with. We'll have our work cut out for us in more ways than one as we are going into uncharted waters and we have to be involved in areas and ways that we weren't before! It will not be enough for us to get out and vote, then go home. Not only must we have people to distribute literature at the polls, but we need people to be election judges and poll watchers as well! Our adversaries are emboldened and feel empowered! They will stop at nothing to steal an election like they did in 2020!!! If they did it before, they will do it again! THIS is why we must be on guard and watch the polls like a hawk!! This is why we need all hands on deck!! Get involved with your local gun club, community group or local political organization(s) sympathetic to your cause to see what you can do about getting involved with candidates that need your help! Moreover, some people will write off voting as futile because of this sort of activity. DO NOT DO THIS!!!! GET OUT TO THE POLLS!!! If you need a ride, ask for one!!! If you can provide a ride or rides, DO IT!!! Your vote is your voice; DON'T WASTE IT!!!

For those of you who are registered Democratic and are willing to do what I call 'the DINO thing' (i.e. voting for more moderate or conservative Democrats in an effort to try to take out a liberal), keep in mind that you have very few opportunities to do that for this go-around. Most newer Democrats have become increasingly hostile to freedom and there are fewer and fewer opportunities for such a strategy to work. I have indicated below the districts with a single asterisk(*) may be good for DINO (Democrat In Name Only) activity. In Republican primaries where our activity is critical, I've denoted it with a double asterisk (**). Due to the new redistricting passed in the General Assembly and with the State Court of Appeals upholding the State Legislative map, our job will be more difficult, especially in the general election!

I've tried to make this piece as comprehensive as possible. Moreover, this is the first attempt I've had in doing this for a primary election, and it's harder to do this for a primary election than a general election, so bear with me. If I missed something, let me know. I'm going with the best information I have available to me. Despite any personal preferences I may have, my approach to these matters is principled where I can afford to be, pragmatic where I feel I have to be. For now, here's my analysis for key races in the Primary Election

DISTRICT 1 (Garrett, Allegany and western Washington Counties): Here, we have more activity than we have seen in past elections. For the Senate race on the Republican side, current Delegate Mike McKay is trying to move up and will be challenged by Jake Shade. Both are good for us. There will be a contest in the General election as well. In sub-district 1A, The Republicans have put up four candidates for this open seat. Of those, either Andy Adams OR Tim Thomas are worth your vote. The winner will face Robert Spear and Libertarian candidate Monique Mehring in the general election. In 1B, no contest. In 1C, There will be a three-way contest in the general election where the Green Party will also feature a candidate.

DISTRICT 2 (eastern Washington and far, northern Frederick County): The Senate race will be decided in the general. In sub-district 2A, this race will be over after the primary. Four candidates including incumbent William Wivell will vy for the two seats there. All look good save for Bradley Belmont, whose views are unknown. In 2B, there's a lot of activity, and we MUST keep an eye on things here! Incumbent Brenda Thiam will have a challenger in the primary, Thomas Stolz. Both are good for our issue; vote your conscience. Two Democrats have thrown their hats in the ring here: Brooke Grossman (no good for us) and Ledetra Robinson (views unknown)!

DISTRICT 3 (central Frederick County): This district consists of Frederick city and its environs. For the Senate race, Jay Lewis will challenge Karen Lewis Young. There are seven Democrats vying for the three Delegate seats in this district. Unfortunately virtually none are allies for our issue! The best we can do is to vote for bullet-vote (that means vote ONLY) for Ken Kerr as the lesser of evils.

DISTRICT 4 (north central, western, southern and eastern Frederick county): For the Senate race, former Delegate Bill Folden is trying to return to the General Assembly for the GOP ticket. He will face a challenger in the primary. Folden, while not terrible, wasn't great either as he voted for the 'red flag' bill the last time he was in office! Stephen Barrett may be the better candidate here. Whomever wins here will go on to face Carleah Summers, who is hostile! For the House race here, two incumbents will be joined by two others with no villains lurking. Be sure that Jesse Pippy is among your choices here. The Democrats will be fielding three candidates for the general.

** DISTRICT 5 (central, western and southern Carroll County): This is a race which demands our attention! The only contest is for the House with eight candidates going for the three seats. Of those, Sallie Taylor and Scott Willens are best bets. For your third choice, go with either April Rose OR Scott Jendrek. Steven Wantz and Dennis Frazier ARE NO GOOD FOR US!!! Thwart victory from them at all costs!!! Chris Tomlinson and Christopher 'Eric' Bouchat are of questionable character. Thwart victory from them as well!! This race will be over after the primary!

*/** DISTRICT 6 (Southeastern Baltimore County): In this relatively conservative, working-class district, we have quite a bit of primary action going on here! For the Senate race, on the Republican side Johnny Ray Salling will be challenged by Charles Collins and Michael Myers. The two former candidates are good but Myers' views are unknown. On the Democratic side, Russ "No Tax" Mirabile seems to be the better candidate for us. For the House races, all activity is on the Republican side, where seven candidates are vying for three seats. I advise Robin Grammer be one of your choices! Tim Fazenbaker shows promise as well. Bob Long would be a good third choice. Thwart victory from Valerie McDonough and Chike Anyanwu!

** DISTRICT 7 (eastern Baltimore County, northwestern Harford County): All primary activity will be focused on the two House sub-districts, where there is much activity. In 7A, two incumbents and two challengers are vying for the two seats there. None are villains, but I suggest Joe Boteler be among your choices here! One Democrat will challenge the winners of 'round 1' in the fall. In 7B, two incumbents will face three challengers for the one seat there! Thwart victory from Rocky Wagonhurst!! Stick with either Lauren Arikan OR Rick Impallaria!! There will be a challenger in the general election.

*/** DISTRICT 8 (Overlea, Parkville, Kenwood, Nottingham areas: Baltimore County): For the Senate race on the Democratic side, be sure Kathy Klausmeier is victorious in her primary bid. On the Republican side for the House, four candidates are vying for the three seats there. Best bets are Glen Geelhaar, Manpreet Hundal and Tim Neubauer. This race will require our attention in the general election!

** DISTRICT 9 (northern, parts of central and western Howard, far northern Montgomery Counties): This is a district which will demand our attention in the general!!! Reid Novotny will challenge Katie Hester in the general. For the House race in 9A, Three candidates on each side will be vying for the two seats there. On the Democratic side, thwart victory from Chao Wu (although none of the contenders are good for us)! For the GOP ticket, incumbent Trent Kittleman and Saif Rehman are our best bets! 9B, will be decided in the general.

*DISTRICT 10 (western and far southwestern Baltimore County): For the Senate race, on the Democratic side, vote for Stephanie Boston! Also on the Democratic side for the House races, ten people are vying for the three seats there. Thwart victory from Ruben Amaya, Regg Hatcher, Adrienne Jones, Jennifer White and N. Scott Phillips!

DISTRICT 11 (Pikesville, Owings Mills areas, Balt. Co.): The only primary contest will be in the new district 11B, with three adversarial incumbents battling it out for two seats on the Democratic side.

DISTRICT 12 (far northern and north-central Anne Arundel County, Elkridge, portions of Columbia): Much action here! For the Senate race here on the GOP side, Bob Cockey (seems OK for us) and Mavourene Robinson (unknown) will face each other. in 12A, Christopher John Feldwick will challenge two hostile incumbents. That race will be over after the primary. In 12B, much activity with four Republicans and three Democrats are vying for the single seat here! On the Democratic side, Jeff Garcia and Gary Simmons seem weak on our issue, On the Republican side, either Victor Robinson OR Ron Imbragulio are good for us. This is a race which will be a key battle for the general!!!

DISTRICT 13 (southern Howard County): All primary activity is to be focused on the House race on the Democratic side. The incumbents (Atterbeary and Terrasa) and Amy Brooks are no good for us! I don't have any hope for Pam Guzzone or Becca Niburg, either.

DISTRICT 14 (northern Montgomery County): On the Democratic side for the Senate race, incumbent Craig Zucker will be challenged by Collins Odongo who MAY be the lesser of evils here.Two candidates will challenge the three incumbent Delegates. I'll suggest a bullet vote for Tom Smith as the least of evils.

DISTRICT 15 (western Montgomery County): All Primary activity is to be focused on the House races, where four are vying for three seats on the Democratic side. No one is good on our issue, but I'll strongly suggest that victory be thwarted from Lily Qi!

DISTRICTS 16, 17,18, 20 and 39 (Montgomery County) and DISTRICTS 22, 23, 24, 25 and 47 (Prince George's County): We have little to no play in these districts for the primary. Virtually all the challengers to the incumbents are just about as bad if not worse. Those in Prince George's County might want to help out with the races in District 27 or go across the Patuxent and help out in either District 30 or District 33! Those in Montgomery County could help out in either District 9 or District 4
    DISTRICT 19 (central Montgomery County): Rather odd for Montgomery County, but there's quite a bit of activity going on for the Primary election! The Republicans have put forth two candidates for Senate: Raul Ayala and Anita Cox. This will become a three-man race in the General as the Green party will also field a candidate. For the House race, one challenger will go up against the three incumbents: Augustin Saah.

DISTRICT 21 (northern Prince George's and parts of western Anne Arundel counties): The only contest here will be for the Senate race in the General!

DISTRICT 26 (Southwestern PG County): Incumbent Senator C. Anthony Muse will face a challenge by Tamara Davis Brown. For the House, seven candidates are going for the three seats here.

*DISTRICT 27 (southern PG County, far northeastern Charles County and northern and central Calvert County): Much activity for the Senate race on both sides! On the Democratic side, Rou Etienne will challenge Michael Jackson and is clearly the better candidate for us! On the Republican side, both candidates look good for us. In 27A, Kevin Harris will challenge incumbent Susie Proctor. Sadly, Harris seems weak on our issue. In 27B, two candidates will challenge Rachel Jones: June Jones (views are unknown) and Jeffrie Long (not good for us!). In 27C, Mark Fisher probably has the edge. All House races here will be decided in the Primary!

*DISTRICT 28 (Charles County): Neither Senate candidate is good for us in the Democratic primary. For the House race, vote for C.T. Wilson as the lesser of evils. Thwart victory from Debra Davis and Edith Patterson!

DISTRICT 29 (Saint Mary's and southern Calvert Counties): No contests for the Senate race or in 29A. In 29B, Valerie Dove-Swaringer will challenge incumbent Brian Crosby for the Democratic ticket. Don't know about Dove-Swaringer, but Crosby has been bad for us. Whoever wins will face Deb Rey in the General. It will be a race that will demand our attention! In 29C, both GOP candidates look good.

DISTRICT 30 (eastern and southern Anne Arundel Counties): For the Senate race, Stacie MacDonald may be our better bet here in the GOP primary 30A and 30B will be decided in the general.

DISTRICT 31 (northeastern AA County): All primary activity will be on the GOP side for the House race! Make sure that Rachel Munoz, Brian Chisholm and LaToya Nkongolo are victorious!

DISTRICT 32 (northwestern AA County): Incumbent Senator Pam Beidle will face Sarah Lacey in the primary. As bad as Beidle may be, her opponent is probably worse. For the House races, Dorcas Ajanlekoko will challenge the three incumbents.

DISTRICT 33 (central AA County): This race will demand our attention for both the Primary and the General! Delegate Sid Saab will try to move up to the Senate and will have a challenger in the General! In 33A, three Democrats will vy for the single seat there! In 33B, Stuart Schmidt is good for us. There will be a challenger in the General. In 33C, we'll need all hands on deck to try to unseat Heather Bagnall in the general election!

*/** DISTRICT 34 (southern and central Harford County): MUCH activity in this district! Neither Democratic Senatorial candidate is great. Mary Ann Lisanti may be easier to defeat in the general election. Mary-Dulany James has less baggage. Vote your conscience. For the Republican ticket, Christian Miele may be the better choice! 34A, nothing but hostile Democrats though I'll suggest a bullet vote for Steve Johnson as the lesser of evils. On the Republican side, Shekinah Hollingsworth and Glen Glass are best bets. In 34B, Incumbent Susan McComas will face Jay Ellenby, who is mediocre. This race is a high priority for the general election!

DISTRICT 35 (northern Harford and northwestern Cecil Counties): This race is over after the primary. No villains are lurking in either the Senate race nor in In 35B; vote your conscience. No contest whatsoever in 35A.

DISTRICT 36 (eastern Cecil, northern Caroline, Queen Anne's and Kent Counties): The Senate race will be over after the Primary, where incumbent Stephen Hershey has two competitors. All seem OK on our issue. No contest for the House.

DISTRICT 37 (southern Caroline, Talbot, Dorchester, Wicomico Cos.): No villains for the Senate GOP primary. Vote your conscience. 37A will be decided in the general. In 37B, four candidates will face each other in the GOP primary for two seats; all of whom look good for us.

DISTRICT 38 (Worcester, Wicomico and Somerset Counties): The Senate race and 38A will be decided in the general. No contests in 38B nor 38C!

DISTRICT 40, 41 and 45 (Baltimore city): We have little to no play for the primary election as the challengers seem no better than the incumbents. If you want to help out in a district where it will make a difference, go up to Districts 8 or 42 or down to 12B.

** DISTRICT 42 (central-northern Baltimore County, north-eastern Carroll County): There are two key battles in this district for this go around! First off, the Senate race will be over after the primary. Chris West's voting record is lackluster for us! Both Jimmy Mathis and Zach Tomlin are good for us. Whomever you choose, be sure that West is defeated!!! 42A will be decided in the general. In 42B, Jay Walton is clearly the better and stronger candidate in the GOP primary! This is a key battle as we need someone strong like him to go up against Michelle Guyton in the general! In 42C, no villains lurk. This race will also be over after the primary!

DISTRICT 43 (north-central Baltimore City, Towson area in Baltimore County): The Senate race will be decided in the General. Much activity on the Democratic side in 43A, where six candidates are battling it out for the two seats there. This will become a four-man race in the general with the Green Party fielding a candidate here as well as a Republican. In 43B, we have no play and the race will be over after the primary.

DISTRICT 44 (south-western urban Baltimore County): The race for the Senate and 44B will be over after the Primary, and there is virtually no hope for us. In 44A Joe Hooe and Brian Noon will battle it out for the GOP primary there. I find it puzzling that Hooe, a perennial candidate who was known to be a fair-weather-friend at best, got an 'A' rating from the NRA-PVF this go-around.

DISTRICT 46 (southern Baltimore City): The Senate race will be decided in the General. For the House race, six Democratic candidates will be vying for the three seats there. All are hostile with the POSSIBLE exception of Sean Burns, whose views are unknown. There will be a full slate of Republicans in the General.

STATEWIDE RACES:

GOVERNOR'S RACE:
    Probably the best Democratic candidate for governor on our issue is Ralph Jaffe. The question remains as to how many people he can win over so as to draw enough votes away from candidates so that he can be a factor? I'd LOVE to see him pull it off, but it's a VERY long shot! Virtually none of the other Democrats running for Governor are good on our issue! The only one that got a rating higher than an 'F' from the NRA (whose ratings you should take with a grain of salt) is Jon Baron, who got a 'D'. The NRA lists Tom Perez as unknown, but his chagrin for the recent Supreme Court decision regarding 'shall issue carry' should tell us all we need to know!

On the Republican side, there are four candidates. There seems to be little activity from Joe Werner and his views are unknown. Robin Ficker, while his views are good, has exhibited behavior in the past which is concerning. Again, I don't see his campaign going anyplace. The other two seem poised to win: Kelly Schulz and Dan Cox. Both were good for our issue while in the House of Delegates. My concern would be that if Schulz were to win, she probably would govern more as a centrist and may likely be lukewarm to us at best, much the way Hogan has been. Cox will likely be a strong ally. The trick is not just who can win in the primary, but who can draw enough voters in urban and suburban areas. There's strong momentum behind Cox and while it's welcome, I'm concerned if he'll be able to win over enough votes in the aforementioned areas to defeat whomever wins the Democratic primary! The word on the street is that the Democratic Governors Association is hoping Cox will win the primary as they believe he'll be easier to defeat. Another thing to consider is that the GOP party elite may not want to support Cox because he is not 'anointed' by the state GOP leadership. Let's remember back in the 1990s when Ellen Sauerbrey ran for governor and didn't get the support of important people in the GOP because she wasn't the candidate the party leadership favored despite the fact that she legitimately won the election in 1994; and wouldn't help her out in 1998! Sadly, that attitude hasn't changed. The bottom line here: consider all scenarios and vote accordingly.

Something else to consider is that there will be three or four additional candidates in the general election for this race, one or two of whom are pro-gun: a Libertarian and possibly an unaffiliated candidate! The Green party and Working Class party will also field candidates.

ATTORNEY GENERAL: Both Democratic candidates are hostile to freedom! It kills me to say this, but Katie Curran O'Malley MAY be the lesser of evils for this ticket. We'll figure out what to do after this 'round'. By contrast, both GOP candidates are friendly to us. Many patriot types are pulling for Michael Peroutka. While that's understandable, I'm concerned that with his strict, ultra-conservative interpretation of the Constitution, can he win over enough people to get him elected in the general election? Moreover, will the party elite back him up in the general? The other candidate, Jim Shalleck, was a prosecutor in New York who prosecuted serial killer David Berkowitz (The Son of Sam) in the 1970s.

U.S. SENATE: No good choices on the Democratic side. Ten candidates are going for the GOP ticket. Of those, Chris Chaffee may be our best proponent.

REPRESENTATIVES IN CONGRESS: We scored a small victory when a state judge threw out a badly gerrymandered map passed by the General Assembly last session! That said, while the new map is better, it is by no means what it should be! Nevertheless, we have chances whereas before, we had almost none! We probably can hold one district and MAYBE make gains in one or two more; but it won't be easy! We'll need all hands on deck to pull off such a feat!

DISTRICT 1 (eastern shore, Harford and northeast Baltimore counties): Congressman Andy Harris dodged a bullet with the decision above. I suspect Heather Mizeur is poised to win in the Democratic Primary. She may be easier to defeat than her primary opponent, David Harden in the general election. Both are doing all they can to try to defeat each other and to go up against Harris for the general. We'll see where the chips fall afterwards. There will be a third candidate from the Libertarian party in the General.

DISTRICT 2 (most of Carroll and Baltimore counties, far-north central Baltimore City): Six Republicans and four Democrats are going for this seat. On the GOP side, Either Berney Flowers OR Dave Wallace look good for us! Thwart victory from Nicolee Ambrose and Lance Griffin! On the Democratic side, "Dutch" Ruppersberger, George Croom and Lin Fusha are no good for us.This may be a long shot in the general.

DISTRICT 3 (northern and eastern Anne Arundel, Howard and far southwestern Carroll County: Three Democrats and five Republicans are vying for this seat. In the GOP primary, either Antonio Pitocco OR Yuripzy Morgan look good for us. In the Dem primary, anybody but John Sarbanes or Jake Pretot. This is likely a long shot.

DISTRICT 4 (western and northern Prince George's County, far northeastern Montgomery County): Jeff Warner may be the best candidate for us in the GOP primary. On the Democratic side, almost nobody looks good. This race will be an extreme long shot in the general.

DISTRICT 5 (southern and eastern Prince George's, western and southern Anne Arundel, Charles, St. Mary's and Calvert Counties): As bad as Steny Hoyer has been to us, his primary opponents are just as bad if not worse! On the Republican side, Chris Palombi looks good for us. This will be quite a long shot for the General.

DISTRICT 6 (western Maryland, northern and north central Montgomery County): We have a fighting chance to get somebody good elected to Congress in this district; AND I MEAN FIGHTING!!! IT WILL NOT BE EASY, but we need to take this district back and we need a strong candidate to do so! There seem to be several good choices in the GOP primary. Jonathan Jenkins looks good, so does Neil Parrott; who has proven his worth in the House of Delegates!. Make sure that whomever you choose will be strong enough to go up against David Trone should he be the Democratic nominee! Whatever happens in the primary, we'll need to get the vote out particularly in places like Gaithersburg, Germantown, Frederick and perhaps Hagerstown and Cumberland as well! If you're a registered Democrat, anybody but Trone or Smilowitz!

DISTRICT 7 (most of Baltimore City, southeastern and southwestern Baltimore County): Incumbent Kweisi Mfume has been no good for us, but his primary opponents don't offer much hope. On the Republican side, Scott Collier seems good to us. This is an extreme long shot, however!

DISTRICT 8 (central Montgomery County): Greg Coll looks good for us in the Republican primary. There's no hope for us in the Democratic primary. This will be a three man race in the General election with the Libertarians fielding a candidate. It will also be an extreme long shot!

NOTABLE MENTIONS:

ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY:
    Herb McMillan is a worthy choice for County Executive. We'll need someone STRONG to take out Steuart Pittman in the general!

BALTIMORE CITY: We must do all we can to oust State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby! While her primary opponents may not be the best for our issue, she needs to go and we must do all we can to make sure that after this round of musical chairs, she's left standing!

CARROLL COUNTY: Much activity here and it will be all over after the primary! For States Attorney, vote for David Ellin. In Councilmanic district one, Ray Fava is our best bet.

MONTGOMERY COUNTY: For County Executive for the GOP ticket, Reardon "Sully" Sullivan is the best choice. On the Democratic side, David Blair MIGHT be the least of evils. This will be a three man race in the general election with the Green Party fielding a candidate.

Last edited:

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Thank you for writing this. It is appalling how hard it is to get any information on candidate positions much less voting strategy. One would think the GOP would dedicate a website for this sort of thing including local races like the school board, commisioners etc. Any links would be appreciated. District 29 S.Calvert here.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Thank you for writing this. It is appalling how hard it is to get any information on candidate positions much less voting strategy. One would think the GOP would dedicate a website for this sort of thing including local races like the school board, commisioners etc. Any links would be appreciated. District 29 S.Calvert here.
    Which sub-district are you in (i.e. A, B or C)

With the Primary Election just ahead of us, I thought I'd give my analysis of what activities we should involve ourselves with. We'll have our work cut out for us in more ways than one as we are going into uncharted waters and we have to be involved in areas and ways that we weren't before! It will not be enough for us to get out and vote, then go home. Not only must we have people to distribute literature at the polls, but we need people to be election judges and poll watchers as well! Our adversaries are emboldened and feel empowered! They will stop at nothing to steal an election like they did in 2020!!! If they did it before, they will do it again! THIS is why we must be on guard and watch the polls like a hawk!! This is why we need all hands on deck!! Get involved with your local gun club, community group or local political organization(s) sympathetic to your cause to see what you can do about getting involved with candidates that need your help! Moreover, some people will write off voting as futile because of this sort of activity. DO NOT DO THIS!!!! GET OUT TO THE POLLS!!! If you need a ride, ask for one!!! If you can provide a ride or rides, DO IT!!! Your vote is your voice; DON'T WASTE IT!!!

For those of you who are registered Democratic and are willing to do what I call 'the DINO thing' (i.e. voting for more moderate or conservative Democrats in an effort to try to take out a liberal), keep in mind that you have very few opportunities to do that for this go-around. Most newer Democrats have become increasingly hostile to freedom and there are fewer and fewer opportunities for such a strategy to work. I have indicated below the districts with a single asterisk(*) may be good for DINO (Democrat In Name Only) activity. In Republican primaries where our activity is critical, I've denoted it with a double asterisk (**). Due to the new redistricting passed in the General Assembly and with the State Court of Appeals upholding the State Legislative map, our job will be more difficult, especially in the general election!

I've tried to make this piece as comprehensive as possible. Moreover, this is the first attempt I've had in doing this for a primary election, and it's harder to do this for a primary election than a general election, so bear with me. If I missed something, let me know. I'm going with the best information I have available to me. Despite any personal preferences I may have, my approach to these matters is principled where I can afford to be, pragmatic where I feel I have to be. For now, here's my analysis for key races in the Primary Election

DISTRICT 1 (Garrett, Allegany and western Washington Counties): Here, we have more activity than we have seen in past elections. For the Senate race on the Republican side, current Delegate McKay is trying to move up and will be challenged by Jake Shade. Both are good for us. There will be a contest in the General election as well. In sub-district 1A, The Republicans have put up four candidates for this open seat. Of those, either Andy Adams OR Tim Thomas are worth your vote. The winner will face Robert Spear and Libertarian candidate Monique Mehring in the general election. In 1B, no contest. In 1C, There will be a three-way contest in the general election where the Green Party will also feature a candidate.

DISTRICT 2 (eastern Washington and far, northern Frederick County): The Senate race will be decided in the general. In sub-district 2A, this race will be over after the primary. Four candidates including incumbent William Wivell will vy for the two seats there. All look good save for Bradley Belmont, whose views are unknown. In district 2B, there's a lot of activity, and we MUST keep an eye on things here! Incumbent Brenda Thiam will have a challenger in the primary, Thomas Stolz. Both are good for our issue; vote your conscience. Two Democrats have thrown their hats in the ring here: Brooke Grossman (no good for us) and Ledetra Robinson (views unknown)!

DISTRICT 3 (central Frederick County): This district consists of Frederick city and its environs. For the Senate race, Jay Lewis will challenge Karen Lewis Young. There are seven Democrats vying for the three Delegate seats in this district. Unfortunately virtually none are allies for our issue! The best we can do is to vote for bullet-vote (that means vote ONLY) for Ken Kerr as the lesser of evils.

DISTRICT 4 (north central, western, southern and eastern Frederick county): For the Senate race, former Delegate Bill Folden is trying to return to the General Assembly for the GOP ticket. He will face a challenger in the primary. Folden, while not terrible, wasn't great either as he voted for the 'red flag' bill the last time he was in office! I surmise Stephen Barrett may be the better candidate here. Whomever wins here will go on to face Carleah Summers, who is hostile! For the House race here, two incumbents will be joined by two others with no villains lurking. Be sure that Jesse Pippy is among your choices here. The Democrats will be fielding three candidates for the general.

** DISTRICT 5 (central, western and southern Carroll County): This is a race which demands our attention! The only contest is for the House with eight candidates going for the three seats. Of those, Sallie Taylor and Scott Willens are best bets. For your third choice, either April Rose OR Scott Jendrek. Steven Wantz and Dennis Frazier ARE NO GOOD FOR US!!! Thwart victory from them at all costs!!! Chris Tomlinson and Christopher 'Eric' Bouchat are of questionable character. Thwart victory from them as well!! This race will be over after the primary!

*/** DISTRICT 6 (Southeastern Baltimore County): In this relatively conservative, working-class district, we have quite a bit of primary action going on here! For the Senate race, on the Republican side Johnny Ray Salling will be challenged by Charles Collins and Michael Myers. The two former candidates are good but Myers' views are unknown. On the Democratic side, Russ "No Tax" Mirabile seems to be the better candidate for us. For the House races, all activity is on the Republican side, where seven candidates are vying for three seats. I advise Robin Grammer be one of your choices! Tim Fazenbaker shows promise as well. Bob Long would be a good third choice. Thwart victory from Valerie McDonough and Chike Anyanwu!

** DISTRICT 7 (eastern Baltimore County, northwestern Harford County): All primary activity will be focused on the two House sub-districts, where there is much activity. In 7A, two incumbents and two challengers are vying for the two seats there. None are villains, but I suggest Joe Boteler be among your choices here! One Democrat will challenge the winners of 'round 1' in the fall. In 7B, two incumbents will face three challengers for the one seat there! Thwart victory from Rocky Wagonhurst!! Stick with either Lauren Arikan OR Rick Impallaria!! There will be a challenger in the general election.

*/** DISTRICT 8 (Overlea, Parkville, Kenwood, Nottingham areas: Baltimore County): For the Senate race on the Democratic side, be sure Kathy Klausmeier is victorious in her primary bid. On the Republican side for the House, four candidates are vying for the three seats there. Best bets are Glen Geelhaar, Manpreet Hundal and Tim Neubauer. This race will require our attention in the general election!

** DISTRICT 9 (northern, parts of central and western Howard, far northern Montgomery Counties): This is a district which will demand our attention in the general!!! Reid Novotny will challenge Katie Hester in the general. For the House race in 9A, Three candidates on each side will be vying for the two seats there. On the Democratic side, thwart victory from Chao Wu (although none of the contenders are good for us)! For the GOP ticket, incumbent Trent Kittleman and Saif Rehman are our best bets! 9B, will be decided in the general.

*DISTRICT 10 (western and far southwestern Baltimore County): For the Senate race, on the Democratic side, vote for Stephanie Boston! Also on the Democratic side for the House races, ten people are vying for the three seats there. Thwart victory from Ruben Amaya, Regg Hatcher, Adrienne Jones, Jennifer White and N. Scott Phillips!

DISTRICT 11 (Pikesville, Owings Mills areas, Balt. Co.): The only primary contest will be in the new district 11B, with three incumbents battling it out for two seats on the Democratic side. None are allies.

DISTRICT 12 (far northern and north-central Anne Arundel County, Elkridge, portions of Columbia): Much action here! For the Senate race here on the GOP side, Bob Cockey (seems OK for us) and Mavourene Robinson (unknown) will face each other. in 12A, Christopher John Feldwick will challenge two hostile incumbents. That race will be over after the primary. In 12B, much activity with four Republicans and three Democrats are vying for the single seat here! On the Democratic side, Jeff Garcia and Gary Simmons seem weak on our issue, On the Republican side, either Victor Robinson OR Ron Imbragulio are good for us. This is a race which will be a key battle for the general!!!

DISTRICT 13 (southern Howard County): All primary activity is to be focused on the House race on the Democratic side. The incumbents (Atterbeary and Terrasa) and Amy Brooks are no good for us! I don't have any hope for Pam Guzzone or Becca Niburg, either.

DISTRICT 14 (northern Montgomery County): On the Democratic side for the Senate race, incumbent Craig Zucker will be challenged by Collins Odongo who MAY be the lesser of evils here.Two candidates will challenge the three incumbent Delegates. I'll suggest a bullet vote for Tom Smith as the least of evils.

DISTRICT 15 (western Montgomery County): All Primary activity is to be focused on the House races, where four are vying for three seats on the Democratic side. No one is good on our issue, but I'll strongly suggest that victory be thwarted from Lily Qi!

DISTRICTS 16, 17,18, 20 and 39 (Montgomery County) and DISTRICTS 22, 23, 24, 25 and 47 (Prince George's County): We have little to no play in these districts for the primary. Virtually all the challengers to the incumbents are just about as bad if not worse. Those in Prince George's County might want to help out with the races in District 27 or go across the Patuxent and help out in either District 30 or District 33! Those in Montgomery County could help out in either District 9 or District 4
    DISTRICT 19 (central Montgomery County): Rather odd for Montgomery County, but there's quite a bit of activity going on for the Primary election! The Republicans have put forth two candidates for Senate: Raul Ayala and Anita Mpambara Cox. This will become a three-man race in the General as the Green party will also field a candidate. For the House race, one challenger will go up against the three incumbents: Augustin Saah.

DISTRICT 21 (northern Prince George's and parts of western Anne Arundel counties): The only contest here will be for the Senate race in the General!

DISTRICT 26 (Southwestern PG County): Incumbent Senator C. Anthony Muse will face a challenge by Tamara Davis Brown. For the House, seven candidates are going for the three seats here.

*DISTRICT 27 (southern PG County, far northeastern Charles County and northern and central Calvert County): Much activity for the Senate race on both sides! On the Democratic side, Rou Etienne will challenge Michael Jackson and is clearly the better candidate for us! On the Republican side, both candidates look good for us. In 27A, Kevin Harris will challenge incumbent Susie Proctor. Sadly, Harris seems weak on our issue. In 27B, two candidates will challenge Rachel Jones: June Jones (views are unknown) and Jeffrie Long (not good for us!). In 27C, Mark Fisher probably has the edge. All House races here will be decided in the Primary!

*DISTRICT 28 (Charles County): Neither Senate candidate is good for us in the Democratic primary. For the House race, vote for C.T. Wilson as the lesser of evils. Thwart victory from Debra Davis and Edith Patterson!

DISTRICT 29 (Saint Mary's and southern Calvert Counties): No contests for the Senate race or in 29A. In 29B, Valerie Dove-Swaringer will challenge incumbent Brian Crosby for the Democratic ticket. Don't know about Dove-Swaringer, but Crosby has been bad for us. Whoever wins will face Deb Rey in the General. It will be a race that will demand our attention! In 29C, both GOP candidates look good.

DISTRICT 30 (eastern and southern Anne Arundel Counties): For the Senate race, Stacie MacDonald may be our better bet here in the GOP primary 30A and 30B will be decided in the general.

DISTRICT 31 (northeastern AA County): All primary activity will be on the GOP side for the House race! Make sure that Rachel Munoz, Brian Chisolm and LaToya Nkongolo are victorious!

DISTRICT 32 (northwestern AA County): Incumbent Senator Pam Beidle will face Sarah Lacey in the primary. As bad as Beidle may be, her opponent is probably worse. For the House races, Dorcas Ajanlekoko will challenge the three incumbents.

DISTRICT 33 (central AA County): This race will demand our attention for both the Primary and the General! Delegate Sid Saab will try to move up to the Senate and will have a challenger in the General! In 33A, three Democrats will vy for the single seat there! In 33B, Stuart Schmidt is good for us. There will be a challenger in the General. In 33C, we'll need all hands on deck to try to unseat Heather Bagnall in the general election!

*/** DISTRICT 34 (southern and central Harford County): MUCH activity in this district! Neither Democratic Senatorial candidate is great. Mary Ann Lisanti may be easier to defeat in the general election. Mary-Dulany James has less baggage. Vote your conscience. For the Republican ticket, Christian Miele may be better! 34A, nothing but hostile Democrats though I'll suggest a bullet vote for Steve Johnson as the lesser of evils. On the Republican side, Shekinah Johnson and Glen Glass are best bets. In 34B, Incumbent Susan McComas will face Jay Ellenby, who is mediocre. This race is a high priority for the general election!

DISTRICT 35 (northern Harford and northwestern Cecil Counties): This race is over after the primary. No villains are lurking in either the Senate race nor in In 35B; vote your conscience. No contest whatsoever in 35A..

DISTRICT 36 (eastern Cecil, northern Caroline, Queen Anne's and Kent Counties): The Senate race will be over after the Primary, where incumbent Stephen Hershey has two competitors. All seem OK on our issue. No contest for the House.

DISTRICT 37 (southern Caroline, Talbot, Dorchester, Wicomico Cos.): No villains for the Senate GOP primary. Vote your conscience. 37A will be decided in the general. In 37B, four candidates will face each other in the GOP primary for two seats; all of whom look good for us.
    DISTRICT 38 (Worcester, Wicomico and Somerset Counties): The Senate race and 38A will be decided in the general. No contests in 38B nor 38C!

DISTRICT 40, 41 and 45 (Baltimore city): We have little to no play for the primary election as the challengers seem no better than the incumbents. If you want to help out in a district where it will make a difference, go up to Districts 8 or 42 or down to 12B.

** DISTRICT 42 (central-northern Baltimore County, north-eastern Carroll County): There are two key battles in this district for this go around! First off, the Senate race will be over after the primary. Chris West's voting record is lackluster for us! Both Jimmy Mathis and Zach Tomlin are good for us. Whomever you choose, be sure that West is defeated!!! 42A will be decided in the general. In 42B, Jay Walton is clearly the better and stronger candidate in the GOP primary! This is a key battle as we need someone strong like him to go up against Michelle Guyton in the general! In 42C, no villains lurk. This race will also be over after the primary

DISTRICT 43 (north-central Baltimore City, Towson area in Baltimore County): The Senate race will be decided in the General. Much activity on the Democratic side in 43A, where six candidates are battling it out for the two seats there. This will become a four-man race in the general with the Green Party fielding a candidate here as well as a Republican. In 43B, we have no play and the race will be over after the primary! .

DISTRICT 44 (south-western urban Baltimore County): The race for the Senate and 44B will be over after the Primary, and there is virtually no hope for us. In 44A Joe Hooe and Brian Noon will battle it out for the GOP primary there. I find it puzzling that Hooe, a perennial candidate who was known to be a fair-weather-friend at best, got an 'A' rating from the NRA-PVF this go-around.

DISTRICT 46 (southern Baltimore City): The Senate race will be decided in the General. For the House race, six Democratic candidates will be vying for the three seats there. All are hostile with the POSSIBLE exception of Sean Burns, whose views are unknown. There will be a full slate of Republicans in the General.

STATEWIDE RACES:

GOVERNOR'S RACE:
    Probably the best Democratic candidate for governor on our issue is Ralph Jaffe. The question remains as to how many people he can win over so as to draw enough votes away from candidates so that he can be a factor? I'd LOVE to see him pull it off, but it's a VERY long shot! Virtually none of the other Democrats running for Governor are good on our issue! The only one that got a rating higher than an 'F' from the NRA (whose ratings you should take with a grain of salt) is Jon Baron, who got a 'D'. The NRA lists Tom Perez as unknown, but his chagrin for the recent Supreme Court decision regarding 'shall issue carry' should tell us all we need to know!

On the Republican side, there are four candidates. There seems to be little activity from Joe Werner and his views are unknown. Robin Ficker, while his views are good, has exhibited behavior in the past which is concerning. Again, I don't see his campaign going anyplace. The other two seem poised to win: Kelly Schulz and Dan Cox. Both were good for our issue while in the House of Delegates. My concern would be that if Schulz were to win, she probably would govern more as a centrist and may likely be lukewarm to us at best much the way Hogan has been. Cox will likely be a strong ally. The trick is not just who can win in the primary, but who can draw enough voters in urban and suburban areas. There's strong momentum behind Cox and while it's welcome, I'm concerned if he'll be able to win over enough votes in the aforementioned areas to defeat whomever wins the Democratic primary! The word on the street is that the Democratic Governors Association is hoping Cox will win the primary as they believe he'll be easier to defeat. Another thing to consider is that the GOP party elite may not want to support Cox because he is not 'anointed' by the state GOP leadership. Let's remember back in the 1990s when Ellen Sauerbrey ran for governor and didn't get the support of important people in the GOP because she wasn't the candidate the party leadership favored despite the fact that she legitimately won the election in 1994; and wouldn't help her out in 1998! Sadly, that attitude hasn't changed. The bottom line here: consider all scenarios and vote your conscience.

Something else to consider is that there will be three or four additional candidates in the general election for this race, one or two of whom are pro-gun: a Libertarian and probably an unaffiliated candidate! The Green party and Working Class party will also field candidates.

ATTORNEY GENERAL: Both Democratic candidates are hostile to freedom! It kills me to say this, but Katie Curran O'Malley MAY be the lesser of evils for this ticket. We'll figure out what to do after this 'round'. By contrast, both GOP candidates are friendly to us. Many patriot types are pulling for Michael Peroutka. While that's understandable, as with Dan Cox, I'm concerned that with his strict, ultra-conservative interpretation of the Constitution, can he win over enough people to get him elected in the general election? Jim Shalleck was a prosecutor in New York who prosecuted serial killer David Berkowitz (The Son of Sam) in the 1970s. I surmise he isn't as doctrinaire as Peroutka.

U.S. SENATE: No good choices on the Democratic side. Ten candidates are going for the GOP ticket. Of those, Chris Chaffee may be our best proponent.

REPRESENTATIVES IN CONGRESS: We scored a small victory when a state judge threw out a badly gerrymandered map passed by the General Assembly last session! That said, the new map, while better, is by no means what it should be! Nevertheless, we have chances whereas before, we had almost none! We probably can hold one district and MAYBE make gains in one or two more; but it won't be easy! We'll need all hands on deck to pull off such a feat!

DISTRICT 1 (eastern shore, Harford and northeast Baltimore counties): Congressman Andy Harris dodged a bullet with the decision above. I suspect Heather Mizeur is poised to win in the Democratic Primary. She may be easier to defeat than her primary opponent, David Harden in the general election. Both are doing all they can to try to defeat each other and to go up against Harris for the general. We'll see where the chips fall afterwards. There will be a third candidate from the Libertarian party in the General.

DISTRICT 2 (most of Carroll and Baltimore counties, far-north central Baltimore City): Six Republicans and four Democrats are going for this seat. On the GOP side, Either Berney Flowers OR Dave Wallace look good for us! Thwart victory from Nicolee Ambrose and Lance Griffin! On the Democratic side, "Dutch" Ruppersberger, George Croom and Lin Fusha are no good for us.This may be a long shot in the general.

DISTRICT 3 (northern and eastern Anne Arundel, Howard and far southwestern Carroll County: Three Democrats and five Republicans are vying for this seat. In the GOP primary, either Antonio Pitocco OR Yuripzy Morgan look good for us. In the Dem primary, anybody but John Sarbanes or Jake Pretot. This is likely a long shot.

DISTRICT 4 (western and northern Prince George's County, far northeastern Montgomery County): Jeff Warner may be the best candidate for us in the GOP primary. On the Democratic side, almost nobody looks good. This race will be an extreme long shot in the general.

DISTRICT 5 (southern and eastern Prince George's, western and southern Anne Arundel, Charles, St. Mary's and Calvert Counties): As bad as Steny Hoyer has been to us, his primary opponents are just as bad if not worse! On the Republican side, Chris Palombi looks good for us. This will be quite a long shot for the General.

DISTRICT 6 (western Maryland, northern and north central Montgomery County): We have a fighting chance to get somebody good elected to Congress in this district; AND I MEAN FIGHTING!!! IT WILL NOT BE EASY, but we need to take this district back and we need a strong candidate to do so! There seem to be several good choices in the GOP primary. Jonathan Jenkins looks good, so does Neil Parrott; who has proven his worth in the House of Delegates!. Make sure that whomever you choose will be strong enough to go up against David Trone should he be the Democratic nominee! Whatever happens in the primary, we'll need to get the vote out particularly in places like Gaithersburg, Germantown, Frederick and perhaps Hagerstown and Cumberland as well! If you're a registered Democrat, anybody but Trone or Smilowitz!

DISTRICT 7 (most of Baltimore City, southeastern and southwestern Baltimore County): Incumbent Kweisi Mfume has been no good for us, but his primary opponents don't offer much hope. On the Republican side, Scott Collier seems good to us. This is an extreme long shot, however!

DISTRICT 8 (central Montgomery County): Greg Coll looks good for us in the Republican primary. There's no hope for us in the Democratic primary. This will be a three man race in the General election with the Libertarians fielding a candidate. It will also be an extreme long shot!

NOTABLE MENTIONS:

ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY:
    Herb McMillan is a worthy choice for County Executive. We'll need someone STRONG to take out Steuart Pittman in the general!
    BALTIMORE CITY: We must do all we can to oust State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby! While her primary opponents may not be the best for our issue, she needs to go and we must do all we can to make sure that after this round of musical chairs, she's left standing!

CARROLL COUNTY: Much activity here and it will be all over after the primary! For States Attorney, vote for David Ellin. In Councilmanic district one, Ray Fava is our best bet.

MONTGOMERY COUNTY: For County Executive for the GOP ticket, Reardon "Sully" Sullivan is the best choice. On the Democratic side, David Blair MIGHT be the least of evils. This will be a three man race in the general election with the Green Party fielding a candidate.

Great write up. Thanks for doing the research and taking the time on all of this

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.

DISTRICT 1 (Garrett, Allegany and western Washington Counties): Here, we have more activity than we have seen in past elections. For the Senate race on the Republican side, current Delegate Mike McKay is trying to move up and will be challenged by Jake Shade. Both are good for us. There will be a contest in the General election as well. In sub-district 1A, The Republicans have put up four candidates for this open seat. Of those, either Andy Adams OR Tim Thomas are worth your vote. The winner will face Robert Spear and Libertarian candidate Monique Mehring in the general election. In 1B, no contest. In 1C, There will be a three-way contest in the general election where the Green Party will also feature a candidate.

DISTRICT 2 (eastern Washington and far, northern Frederick County): The Senate race will be decided in the general. In sub-district 2A, this race will be over after the primary. Four candidates including incumbent William Wivell will vy for the two seats there. All look good save for Bradley Belmont, whose views are unknown. In 2B, there's a lot of activity, and we MUST keep an eye on things here! Incumbent Brenda Thiam will have a challenger in the primary, Thomas Stolz. Both are good for our issue; vote your conscience. Two Democrats have thrown their hats in the ring here: Brooke Grossman (no good for us) and Ledetra Robinson (views unknown)!

DISTRICT 4 (north central, western, southern and eastern Frederick county): For the Senate race, former Delegate Bill Folden is trying to return to the General Assembly for the GOP ticket. He will face a challenger in the primary. Folden, while not terrible, wasn't great either as he voted for the 'red flag' bill the last time he was in office! Stephen Barrett may be the better candidate here. Whomever wins here will go on to face Carleah Summers, who is hostile! For the House race here, two incumbents will be joined by two others with no villains lurking. Be sure that Jesse Pippy is among your choices here. The Democrats will be fielding three candidates for the general.

** DISTRICT 5 (central, western and southern Carroll County): This is a race which demands our attention! The only contest is for the House with eight candidates going for the three seats. Of those, Sallie Taylor and Scott Willens are best bets. For your third choice, go with either April Rose OR Scott Jendrek. Steven Wantz and Dennis Frazier ARE NO GOOD FOR US!!! Thwart victory from them at all costs!!! Chris Tomlinson and Christopher 'Eric' Bouchat are of questionable character. Thwart victory from them as well!! This race will be over after the primary!

DISTRICT 11 (Pikesville, Owings Mills areas, Balt. Co.): The only primary contest will be in the new district 11B, with three adversarial incumbents battling it out for two seats on the Democratic side.

DISTRICT 19 (central Montgomery County): Rather odd for Montgomery County, but there's quite a bit of activity going on for the Primary election! The Republicans have put forth two candidates for Senate: Raul Ayala and Anita Cox. This will become a three-man race in the General as the Green party will also field a candidate. For the House race, one challenger will go up against the three incumbents: Augustin Saah.

DISTRICT 31 (northeastern AA County): All primary activity will be on the GOP side for the House race! Make sure that Rachel Munoz, Brian Chisholm and LaToya Nkongolo are victorious!

*/** DISTRICT 34 (southern and central Harford County): MUCH activity in this district! Neither Democratic Senatorial candidate is great. Mary Ann Lisanti may be easier to defeat in the general election. Mary-Dulany James has less baggage. Vote your conscience. For the Republican ticket, Christian Miele may be the better choice! 34A, nothing but hostile Democrats though I'll suggest a bullet vote for Steve Johnson as the lesser of evils. On the Republican side, Shekinah Hollingsworth and Glen Glass are best bets. In 34B, Incumbent Susan McComas will face Jay Ellenby, who is mediocre. This race is a high priority for the general election!

DISTRICT 35 (northern Harford and northwestern Cecil Counties): This race is over after the primary. No villains are lurking in either the Senate race nor in In 35B; vote your conscience. No contest whatsoever in 35A.

** DISTRICT 42 (central-northern Baltimore County, north-eastern Carroll County): There are two key battles in this district for this go around! First off, the Senate race will be over after the primary. Chris West's voting record is lackluster for us! Both Jimmy Mathis and Zach Tomlin are good for us. Whomever you choose, be sure that West is defeated!!! 42A will be decided in the general. In 42B, Jay Walton is clearly the better and stronger candidate in the GOP primary! This is a key battle as we need someone strong like him to go up against Michelle Guyton in the general! In 42C, no villains lurk. This race will also be over after the primary!

DISTRICT 43 (north-central Baltimore City, Towson area in Baltimore County): The Senate race will be decided in the General. Much activity on the Democratic side in 43A, where six candidates are battling it out for the two seats there. This will become a four-man race in the general with the Green Party fielding a candidate here as well as a Republican. In 43B, we have no play and the race will be over after the primary.

STATEWIDE RACES:

GOVERNOR'S RACE:

On the Republican side, there are four candidates. There seems to be little activity from Joe Werner and his views are unknown. Robin Ficker, while his views are good, has exhibited behavior in the past which is concerning. Again, I don't see his campaign going anyplace. The other two seem poised to win: Kelly Schulz and Dan Cox. Both were good for our issue while in the House of Delegates. My concern would be that if Schulz were to win, she probably would govern more as a centrist and may likely be lukewarm to us at best, much the way Hogan has been. Cox will likely be a strong ally. The trick is not just who can win in the primary, but who can draw enough voters in urban and suburban areas. There's strong momentum behind Cox and while it's welcome, I'm concerned if he'll be able to win over enough votes in the aforementioned areas to defeat whomever wins the Democratic primary! The word on the street is that the Democratic Governors Association is hoping Cox will win the primary as they believe he'll be easier to defeat. Another thing to consider is that the GOP party elite may not want to support Cox because he is not 'anointed' by the state GOP leadership. Let's remember back in the 1990s when Ellen Sauerbrey ran for governor and didn't get the support of important people in the GOP because she wasn't the candidate the party leadership favored despite the fact that she legitimately won the election in 1994; and wouldn't help her out in 1998! Sadly, that attitude hasn't changed. The bottom line here: consider all scenarios and vote accordingly.

Something else to consider is that there will be three or four additional candidates in the general election for this race, one or two of whom are pro-gun: a Libertarian and possibly an unaffiliated candidate! The Green party and Working Class party will also field candidates.

ATTORNEY GENERAL: Both Democratic candidates are hostile to freedom! It kills me to say this, but Katie Curran O'Malley MAY be the lesser of evils for this ticket. We'll figure out what to do after this 'round'. By contrast, both GOP candidates are friendly to us. Many patriot types are pulling for Michael Peroutka. While that's understandable, I'm concerned that with his strict, ultra-conservative interpretation of the Constitution, can he win over enough people to get him elected in the general election? Moreover, will the party elite back him up in the general? The other candidate, Jim Shalleck, was a prosecutor in New York who prosecuted serial killer David Berkowitz (The Son of Sam) in the 1970s.

REPRESENTATIVES IN CONGRESS: We scored a small victory when a state judge threw out a badly gerrymandered map passed by the General Assembly last session! That said, while the new map is better, it is by no means what it should be! Nevertheless, we have chances whereas before, we had almost none! We probably can hold one district and MAYBE make gains in one or two more; but it won't be easy! We'll need all hands on deck to pull off such a feat!

NOTABLE MENTIONS:

ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY:

Good post, I’m printing this as a handy reference at the polls.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Sounds like they're getting worried. From Maryland Matters Memo today:
    Just over a week ahead of Maryland’s July 19 primary election, voters are trickling into early voting centers and dropping ballots in mailboxes and dropboxes throughout the state...
    Some local officials have expressed concern about Maryland's reporting timeline this year, given the potential volume of mail ballots, which take longer to process.

More than 10 times as many mail-in ballots have been requested this year compared to 2018, the last time the current rules were used for counting mailed ballots.

About 490,000 mail-in ballots had been requested as of Saturday; in 2018, about 30,000 mailed ballots were cast.

Elections officials are urging patience ahead of what could be a lengthy counting and reporting process...
    https://marylandmatters.us15.list-m...7b8f2e81e9d1a4ac97&id=71d49b0547&e=148057f0c9

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Sounds like they're getting worried. From Maryland Matters Memo today:

https://marylandmatters.us15.list-m...7b8f2e81e9d1a4ac97&id=71d49b0547&e=148057f0c9
    Something seems awfully damned fishy! I think we need to watch the counting process at all stages and all places! Frankly I feel that mail-in ballots should be banned along with early voting. ALL voting should take place on Election Day! The ONLY exception to this would be for absentee voting! I also believe that Election Day should be a national or state holiday!

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    One thing I have begun to do is, find out who is the campaign manager is for each candidate and research them. Their political ideology will most likely be in line with the candidate regardless what he/she is tell us.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Sure wish I had information on the R's running in primary, other than for Governor.
    Comptroller:
    Barry Glassman (Unopposed)

Attorney General:
    Michael Anthony Peroutka (Unopposed)

U.S. Senator:
    Chris Chaffee
    George Davis
    Nnabu Eze (Not a typo)
    Lorie R. Friend
    Reba A. Hawkins
    Jon McGreevey
    Joseph Perez