• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ogobetse

Nov 11, 2019
    Hi there,
    I wound up talking to an ooooold class 3 dealer at the bar and he mentioned that he never kept a record or details of the individual buyer that he was transferring a class 3 gun to until after the transfer was approved.

I don't know much about the NFA/Class 3 world, but wouldn't the dealer put something in their books at the time the paperwork was started? Is it true that the actual book keeping in their ''ledger" doesn't start until the transfer is approved?

Specifically asking about the legal paperwork side of things; not a sale receipt. I think this guy was getting those confused and i want to clarify here.

thanks in advance

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Our deposition book has in and out. I used to pencil in the name of the owner. No transfer date or 4473 serial but just a name to help me or if I should fall off a cliff help who ever has to come clean up. The ATF agent told me Not to write anything until it’s transferred. So now I use post it squares. I do also keep a folder with form 3s and customer info. So info is there just not in book until it leaves.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Yeah, I am just a C&R but I still have to keep a book. Nothing goes in until its official. I just keep a copy of the submitted Form 4 until I get the approved version.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    It's always suspicious when a first post(er) asks such questions. At least it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom