Phone Number: 410-335-5100
    Email: randy@freestategunrange.com
    Twitter: @FreeStateGR

Hours of Operation: 10AM to 9PM, 7 days per week

Forum Username: FreeState

FFL: Yes
    Class 3: Yes
    Gunsmith: Yes

Benefit(s) offered to members of Maryland Shooters: $85 transfers including $10 MSP fee for regulated firearms. $75 transfers for unregulated firearms, We no longer do secondary transfers. Those are best handled by the MSP.

Transfer Policy: UPDATE: FreeState Gun Range Transfer Policy 8/25/2013
    PLEASE NOTE: FreeState Gun Range no longer accepts transfers on firearms that we currently have in stock or can receive from our suppliers. Log onto www.freestategunrange.com/transfers to submit a transfer request. All transfers must be approved in writing. We will respond to your request. The transfer fee is $75 plus $10 MSP fee, if applicable. Any firearm received without approval will result in a special handling fee of $150.00 or, if we cannot figure out who it is for, it will be returned to the shipper. We handle secondary transfers like a Dealer Sale.

Glock Law Enforcement Dealer: Special prices on Glocks for LE, Active/Retired Military, Firefighters, Security Guards.

Additional Info:[/QUOTE] State-of-the-art range with electronic target retrievers. Rifles up to and including 223 and 7.62 x 39 can be fired. Numerous rental guns available. Ask about renting a machine gun! Pool table.

Last edited by a moderator:

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    So...wait...to clarify, they can accept 7.62x39. Not what it said on their website under "range rules."

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am REALLY liking the idea of a gun range with cheap regulated transfers and excellent hours. :)

mikec

Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Website is down???
    "Account has been suspended"?

Back now. It could have been something as simple as someone thinking they paid for the web hosting a year at a time but having it actually billed monthly, but not having things set up correctly.

FreeState

Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Back now. It could have been something as simple as someone thinking they paid for the web hosting a year at a time but having it actually billed monthly, but not having things set up correctly.

Could have been a really small web hosting service that had a server go down. Could be that it would be better to use a more substantial service?

mikec

Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Could have been a really small web hosting service that had a server go down. Could be that it would be better to use a more substantial service?

Using a host where the server is in the guy's garage?

The hosting side is the weakest part of the web, since any of us can buy hosting from a big company and then resell it, but not control the actual machines.

I thought a minor billing issue because I have seen that before, particularly near the beginning of a month. Did not mean anything by it.

FreeState

Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Using a host where the server is in the guy's garage?

The hosting side is the weakest part of the web, since any of us can buy hosting from a big company and then resell it, but not control the actual machines.

I thought a minor billing issue because I have seen that before, particularly near the beginning of a month. Did not mean anything by it.

No problem. Could have been a billing issue. After all, we are startup guys and, therefore, we are broke.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Is steel cased (Wolf) ammo allowed? That is mainly what I shoot for practice in my AR and some people say it is "steel core."

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Benefit(s) offered to members of Maryland Shooters: $30 transfers including $10 MSP fee. Highly competitive gun prices. Other special offers will be announced once we get rolling.

Just so I understand this correct
    is the total cost $30 which includes the $10 MSP fee
    or is it $30 + $10 for a total cost of $40??

thanks! :party29:

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Google found you.

Mark et al,

Looks like your location now shows up correctly on Google Maps.
    Or at least it does coming from a term search.
    The sat image shows your building but the condo development is only a cleared lot.

Great guys, great range and I am thoroughly enjoying my membership.

FreeState

Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Mark et al,

Looks like your location now shows up correctly on Google Maps.
    Or at least it does coming from a term search.
    The sat image shows your building but the condo development is only a cleared lot.

Great guys, great range and I am thoroughly enjoying my membership.

Yes, we finally got on Google Maps, which means that we finally officially exist and are now regular human beings.

cwalker3

Jan 3, 2010
    Forest Hill, Harford County
    I have a couple of questions about the range.
    1. What is the max distance of the shooting lanes?
    2. Are more than one person allowed in a stall?
    3. How many lanes do you have?
    4. In your range rules you say "Shooters may only use FreeState Gun Range approved paper targets". Can you give an example?

I want to bring my son down soon (he's a non-shooter) and hopefully convert him.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sparkey9901

Latest threads

Top Bottom