• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BartExp

Ultimate Member
    Just finished Day 1 of the MD CCW at Atlantic Tactical with RS. He and I got into a discussion about the new DE law. He felt DE CCW exemption didn't make it into the final signed bill. I pulled up the current updated code and it looks like it made it into the final signed bill. Therefore, anyone with a DE CCW is exempt from the greater than 17 round magazine ban. But, that also means non-DE residents cannot possess a greater than 17 round magazine in DE, since I don't believe DE issues non resident permits. Even with reciprocity, the exemption only applies to "permits issued by the Superior Court under § 1441 of this title."

Am I reading this right?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    It sucks regardless of reason, but what was the justification for a random number like 17, instead of 20?

They wanted to be 15% more dickish?

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    DSSA has already begun a campaign to file arguments in court. They have a pretty good track record but like most requires funding and time. Meanwhile, the shootings in Wilmington continue. No surprise there.
    It's also my understanding that Magpul has a facility in Sussex County and will be leaving. More jobs lost due to unrealistic laws.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    DSSA has already begun a campaign to file arguments in court. They have a pretty good track record but like most requires funding and time. Meanwhile, the shootings in Wilmington continue. No surprise there.
    It's also my understanding that Magpul has a facility in Sussex County and will be leaving. More jobs lost due to unrealistic laws.
    I think there was a carve out for that facility. I don't know if they are leaving or not. It would suck for the employees, which is why the carve out. I will post the language in the law if I can find it.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    Section 1469(e) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(1) A person who manufactures a large-capacity magazine, if the person manufactures the large-capacity magazine with the intent to sell the large-capacity magazine, or offer the large-capacity magazine for sale, to a person outside of this State.

clarencehenherder

MDS Supporter
    Aug 19, 2013
    Sussex County, Delaware
    Just finished Day 1 of the MD CCW at Atlantic Tactical with RS. He and I got into a discussion about the new DE law. He felt DE CCW exemption didn't make it into the final signed bill. I pulled up the current updated code and it looks like it made it into the final signed bill. Therefore, anyone with a DE CCW is exempt from the greater than 17 round magazine ban. But, that also means non-DE residents cannot possess a greater than 17 round magazine in DE, since I don't believe DE issues non resident permits. Even with reciprocity, the exemption only applies to "permits issued by the Superior Court under § 1441 of this title."

Am I reading this right?
    I don't know why the trainers at Atlantic Tactical keep spreading this I gave RS a copy of the law. CCW licensees are definitely exempt. The law goes into effect 8/29/2022. The attempt to exempt CCW holders from the semi auto ban was rejected.

Some of these trainers pass on bad info. When I got my Delaware training 10 years ago the trainer said that if you are caught open carrying you will lose your CCW. Again false.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    I stopped at Cabelas in DE a couple weeks ago, and they didn't have a single 30rnd P-Mag. Then went to X-Ring on 273 and they had a whole crate.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Section 1469(e) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(1) A person who manufactures a large-capacity magazine, if the person manufactures the large-capacity magazine with the intent to sell the large-capacity magazine, or offer the large-capacity magazine for sale, to a person outside of this State.
    Magpul has a history of strong 2A support. They won’t stay.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

Magpul has a history of strong 2A support. They won’t stay.

Magpul does not have a presence in DE. They are only incorporated here.

Atlantis Ind is a 07 in Georgetown, DE. They are located near the airport. https://www.atlantisusa.com/ They make all things plastic/resin.

They make plas-teak doodads like....
    DSCN0056-2-e1519440610297.jpg

They make parts for Mission First as well. https://missionfirsttactical.com/

DEVE

Jan 15, 2019
    DELMARVA
    Nope.

And internet sales websites are already restricting DE like MD over the years. Won't ship.

PSA won't ship uppers or mags to DE.
    What exactly is the reason behind them not shipping uppers? They aren’t firearms.
    Last I checked we can change uppers as much as we damn well please.

As for mags, are we talking just the banned mags, or are they refusing to ship ANY mags to DE at all?

Whatever the case, the thing with the uppers just put them on my personal shit list. I really don’t care what their excuse is, it’s BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom