• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Some of us think "DC claim of taxation without representation" is entirely accurate. They tax the crud out of us and don't represent us at all. Truth in advertising.

I’d prefer just not to pay taxes. “Representation” be damned.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Some of us think "DC claim of taxation without representation" is entirely accurate. They tax the crud out of us and don't represent us at all. Truth in advertising.

Some of us in MD have the same outlook. DC is not special that way.

Truth in politics? It is to laugh, Tovarich.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

A while back there was talk of a bill allowing DC 1 vote in the House in exchange for a pro-gun bill (I think shall issue CCW). Well, DC balked at that and now DC IS shall issue and no vote in Congress. Sorry....

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    I’d prefer just not to pay taxes. “Representation” be damned.

Pushing for no taxes in DC would be the first real step towards statehood. There's a logical argument for it, and a loss of revenue would get attention. This would (potentially) get statehood on the path to happen the right way (via the constitution).

BUT, the truth is that DC doesn't really want statehood. DC politicians have made careers out of fighting this "oppression" and it gets them reelected. They know full well that even if they get a bill through, it would never survive the courts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of DC becoming a state, but they're playing a shell game that they won't admit to.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Pushing for no taxes in DC would be the first real step towards statehood. There's a logical argument for it, and a loss of revenue would get attention. This would (potentially) get statehood on the path to happen the right way (via the constitution).

BUT, the truth is that DC doesn't really want statehood. DC politicians have made careers out of fighting this "oppression" and it gets them reelected. They know full well that even if they get a bill through, it would never survive the courts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of DC becoming a state, but they're playing a shell game that they won't admit to.

My thoughts exactly

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    And this place would look like the worst most distressed rust belt city in the the US if we were not living off of the taxes of Americans across the country.

We in DC are the taxers , we have massively more power per capita in federal decisions than anyone. It isn't truth in advertising it is the big lie.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pushing for no taxes in DC would be the first real step towards statehood. There's a logical argument for it, and a loss of revenue would get attention. .

How so, it would result in redistribution of the jobs, 90% of which do not need to be in DC to elsewhere and DC would be a basket case.

DC is not a revenue producer in the big picture it is a gigantic net taker

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    DC as a state does nothing for America or DC people (they still get the gov jobs and the welfare check depending on which camp).

DC as a state is a permanent Democrat voting block. The welfare camp just wants more welfare for the next 10 generations! I wish we can pay them to emigrate somewhere outside of the US!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom