DC resident shoots, kills 13-year-old boy, says teen was breaking into cars: police

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    If you’re familiar with the incident you’ll also find out that he was endangering himself and others by running into the street as the police were trying to detain him. Again…follow lawful instructions and you won’t suffer the consequences but I guess that’s hard to do when you’re stoked on Coke and marijuana.
    I do question why a school teacher is high on cocaine and weed. Okay so weed is legal now but cocaine not.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I do question why a school teacher is high on cocaine and weed. Okay so weed is legal now but cocaine not.
    Police are saying “felony hit and run” and that he also tried to steal a car after crashing.
    5FD48764-1B30-44F4-AD24-F73740D4BA8F.jpeg

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Unfortunately many of those options these days will have child protective services at your doorstep..
    oh 100% I read about the kid n gaithersburg a few years ago who had bruises. The neighbors called protective services and they took the kid. The parents stated he was a bout and played outside. Hell, I am 56 and in the 70's most kids in class ad stitches or broken bones or bruises or missing teeth in class.

OMD6dawg

Every DC elected politician , and most mid and upper level City Officials are gun hating leftist loons .

The odds that this is randomly and spontaneously the only time the entirety of the DC Gov't has every done the right thing , is beyond PowerBall
    Shit, I might have to play now that you said this. This about the only time I’ve seen anyone in DC Gov’t keep something under wraps.

Everyone knows who it is and no one has doxxed him yet.

Impressive.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    Hit and Run is not a felony no one was hurt so it’s a property crime and traffic violation is it not? Does the punishment fit the crime? Just who is the judge and jury?
    All is not what it seems with the current media spin machine and everyone looking to slant reality to their agenda.

Full accounting by Donut Operator on this:

If you don't want the editorial from Donut Operator, then you can view the full body cam footage released by LAPD:

Does this change your view of the police response?

Last edited:

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    Oh and I can identify with what these police officers were going through in trying to restrain/get under control Mr. Anderson. I and a fellow crew member in the BLS Ambulance were trying to restrain someone high on what was speculated as PCP by the ER staff in the back of our rig during transport. The guy was half the size of Mr. Anderson and it took two of us on top of this individual to keep him from jumping off the litter in an attempt to leap out the back of the rig.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Oh and I can identify with what these police officers were going through in trying to restrain/get under control Mr. Anderson. I and a fellow crew member in the BLS Ambulance were trying to restrain someone high on what was speculated as PCP by the ER staff in the back of our rig during transport. The guy was half the size of Mr. Anderson and it took two of us on top of this individual to keep him from jumping off the litter in an attempt to leap out the back of the rig.
    PCP is no joke I’ve seen people on it do super human stuff. Remember the bath salt craze when that homeless guy attacked and started eating a guys face?

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    PCP is no joke I’ve seen people on it do super human stuff. Remember the bath salt craze when that homeless guy attacked and started eating a guys face?
    Oh yes. I'm glad I've never had to be on a similar call. I've been on some crazy calls but not one with cannibalism.

OMD6dawg

It seems like in the areas like Baltimore or D.C. or Chicago the adults responsible for these punks only see them as an easy way to win the lottery. They figure eventually the punk will do something to warrant interaction with the police and they’re taught to act a certain way “for the good of the family”.

Look at the family of the teacher who died after being tased multiple times after causing a hit and run and failing to follow police instructions to get down on the ground. Another “he was having a mental crisis” BS! That’s why cocaine and marijuana were found in his blood. Now suing the police for $50 million.
    As a person who mentors to this population, I take slight offense to this skewed view. Not one of those families purposely send their kids out to get harmed or killed by authorizes for a dollar, and to even suggest that it’s done like this is reckless at best. A person on drugs making bad decisions is one thing, but this assumption is a character assassination of the highest order.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    As a person who mentors to this population, I take slight offense to this skewed view. Not one of those families purposely send their kids out to get harmed or killed by authorizes for a dollar, and to even suggest that it’s done like this is reckless at best. A person on drugs making bad decisions is one thing, but this assumption is a character assassination of the highest order.
    Your mentorship is admirable, and you should be commended for it, but there aren't nearly enough of you to keep up with the number of fatherless youth in these communities who are undisciplined and go on to commit criminal behavior.

So rare are fathers in some of these neighborhoods that people seem to have forgotten why having them around is important. Protecting the family, the home and community — that’s part of it. Another less-acknowledged effect is somewhat disciplinary.
    The article said evidence showed that two other individuals were inside the stolen car with Karon. So much failure and deliberate neglect by the families here. It may not be the case here, but I have no doubt there been instances where the kids have been "put to work" by the parent(s).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom