DC resident shoots, kills 13-year-old boy, says teen was breaking into cars: police

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    “He was “The Nicest Boy in My Class.”

So nobody really knew him, or they did know him and didn’t care.”

Alternatively, “nice” means he was perceived as a weakling and he was trying to “prove himself” by engaging in crime.
    Possibly. Kid was running with a bad crowd, or was the one leading it. Haven't heard anything about the status of the other two individuals out with him.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    To be called the “Nicest Boy in my Class” is equivalent to wearing a sign with an f word around ones neck in some circles.
    For a significant period of time my SIL's father was the healthiest person in the hospice, so much so they kicked him out. He returned later. Some comparisons are nearly meaningless.

Last edited:

OMD6dawg

Will be interesting to see where the line is drawn. Can a property owner initiate a situation/ interaction with an unarmed vandal then shoot and claim self defense?
    Yes, because there isn’t a law against asking why people are in your neighborhood jiggling car handles on cars that don’t belong to them. There also isn’t a law against asking same question while armed. You can’t possibly know whether a person is armed or not when you ask them. Again, I’d say wait until the entire report is released without redacted names and information.

Knowing how DC is and how they really do not want citizen gun ownership and carrying concealed, him not being charged yet gives him the advantage.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Sorry, the shooter must be important to someone with clout pulling strings to remain anonymous.
    We regular citizen types would be happily fvcked over in a heartbeat if we had pulled the trigger.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    These opinions about whether someone's life is worth taking over property must include the inherent value of the life in the equation. If a criminal feels their life is worth more than the property they are stealing, perhaps they shouldn't steal.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    These opinions about whether someone's life is worth taking over property must include the inherent value of the life in the equation. If a criminal feels their life is worth more than the property they are stealing, perhaps they shouldn't steal.
    I do wish that Criminals valued their lives more than property. I also wish the Justice system would stop empathizing with Criminals more than their victims.

However, given the potential DC Jury pool and the deck stacked against me, I'm not going to be drawing to defend property. I will however take action to defend it by calling 911 and keeping my distance. If it escalates into a physical threat to me after that, I'm taking appropriate self-defense action and drawing if it comes to that.

OMD6dawg

Sorry, the shooter must be important to someone with clout pulling strings to remain anonymous.
    We regular citizen types would be happily fvcked over in a heartbeat if we had pulled the trigger.
    He’s a regular citIzen that just happens to have a DC permit. mid level employee.

Like, how isn’t anyone not knowing that this is new territory for DC and they’re being methodical in this situation?

For once, they’re checking all the boxes to do this the right way.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    He’s a regular citIzen that just happens to have a DC permit. mid level employee.

Like, how isn’t anyone not knowing that this is new territory for DC and they’re being methodical in this situation?

What about it is "new territory"? I'm not following here.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I hear you but I just don’t think a 13 year old boy has the capacity to rationalize like that, most do stupid stuff at that age.

Just so I’m clear I’m not justifying criminality just speaking out to the consequences.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Every DC elected politician , and most mid and upper level City Officials are gun hating leftist loons .

The odds that this is randomly and spontaneously the only time the entirety of the DC Gov't has every done the right thing , is beyond PowerBall

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Angel baby now boostin whips in Hebbon wiff Jebus, yo.
    Found this clip shared on Twitter:

It's tragic this happened. Nobody disciplined him enough to prevent it and he was ultimately raised by peer-pressure and influences from others around him.

The Tweet itself is actually spot on and clueless at the same time. The families of these kids fail to discipline them and so it falls to the children to raise themselves.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I hear you but I just don’t think a 13 year old boy has the capacity to rationalize like that, most do stupid stuff at that age.

Just so I’m clear I’m not justifying criminality just speaking out to the consequences.
    I posted this earlier, but I wanted raise it given your point:

Is this kid (who's way younger than 13) able to rationalize what he's doing?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Found this clip shared on Twitter:

It's tragic this happened. Nobody disciplined him enough to prevent it and he was ultimately raised by peer-pressure and influences from others around him.

The Tweet itself is actually spot on and clueless at the same time. The families of these kids fail to discipline them and so it falls to the children to raise themselves.

At least one person dressed appropriately for the funeral. Nice trike hearse thing too that's added a subtle touch of class to the event.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Horrible and despicable behavior but shooting him dead is not the answer.
    We're in an era of 3 going on 13 and 13 going on 30. Social Media and Peer Pressure are driving kids to engage in these behaviors. There's no meaningful counter or pushback from the parents, schools or any other authority figures. I agree that shooting him dead is not the answer. The answer he needed should have come well before that but it didn't.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I posted this earlier, but I wanted raise it given your point:

Is this kid (who's way younger than 13) able to rationalize what he's doing?

I think he figured it out when the adult yanked him up out of his chair. It's not like there were no repercussions. Maybe he has Tourette's. I yell that sometimes for no reason. What do you want for dinner honey? STFU!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom