• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SafeTartar

Jul 15, 2022
    Bethesda
    Hi all. Any recent experience with a simple handgun registration in DC for MD resident. I have MD and DC CCW and already have one handgun registered in DC. This is the second. It’s been 20 days since I went for the appointment and no news.
    Thoughts?
    Thx!!

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    This is for the people who are in your boat...

Whatever you do, DON'T go in person! The process from start to finish is 100% third-world and your appointment time? A complete joke. Let's say you have an appointment for 2PM. You won't get your turn until after 3PM. And that is if you are lucky.

My suggestions? Get the $13 money order and just mail your registration application in. Also, you will need to fill out the pointless addendum form because even if you bought a gun new, they consider it used and want that one-pager filled out.

Then you wait for up to 60 days for your registration to be emailed to you.

Then you get to print it out and laminate it yourself, just like the DC CCW they email you. Did I mention third-world already?

Holy cow does DC SUCK!!!! What an armpit jurisdiction.

As to OP's question, you have another month and a half to wait.

(thanks for letting me vent a bit!)

SafeTartar

Jul 15, 2022
    Bethesda

Whatever you do, DON'T go in person! The process from start to finish is 100% third-world and your appointment time? A complete joke. Let's say you have an appointment for 2PM. You won't get your turn until after 3PM. And that is if you are lucky.

My suggestions? Get the $13 money order and just mail your registration application in. Also, you will need to fill out the pointless addendum form because even if you bought a gun new, they consider it used and want that one-pager filled out.

Then you get to print it out and laminate it yourself, just like the DC CCW they email you. Did I mention third-world already?

You’re welcome. This said, I already went in person, and indeed had to fill out the addendum. So you’ve just basically answered my question, it’s a 60 day wait. Thanks.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270

Thank you for that post. I didnt even know that was possible.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    So, since the directions are as clear as mud for registration. I assume I need to know the FFL I purchased from years ago for anything I want to register and that goes on the form as seller? It is both the PD-219 AND addendum forms, regardless of new or used correct? Does it matter if the FFL is since been out of business for purposes of registration? Thanks all for the info in advance.

Mark

SafeTartar

Jul 15, 2022
    Bethesda
    As the OP of this thread, I will inject that I don't know :mad: However, they have an email address that you can use. It's firearms.adminbox at dc.gov - I've had them answer me within three days, on average. My guess is that you are best off asking them.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC

Whatever you do, DON'T go in person!

Mag Dump: How did you get away with just mailing it in? This was for an additional firearm yes? I've never heard of them letting anyone mail in add on registrations.

I thought everything had to be in person.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    So, since the directions are as clear as mud for registration. I assume I need to know the FFL I purchased from years ago for anything I want to register and that goes on the form as seller? It is both the PD-219 AND addendum forms, regardless of new or used correct? Does it matter if the FFL is since been out of business for purposes of registration? Thanks all for the info in advance.

Mark

As the OP of this thread, I will inject that I don't know :mad: However, they have an email address that you can use. It's firearms.adminbox at dc.gov - I've had them answer me within three days, on average. My guess is that you are best off asking them.

I've had adminbox answer anywhere from within minutes to never lol. And their responses sometimes leave a lot to be desired.

They were very responsive today but clear as mud in their answers.

As far as the addendum, when a family member was with me registering their pistol for CCW they said to the MPD person you know i'm not sure if this was a private sale in FL or not I have to think about it and if it was I don't have any info about it. That really set them off.
    Got told "Sir, do you wish to proceed? Then you must fill out the form."

And I really wonder what would happen if someone wrote on the addendum -- legally acquired in private sale or bought from FFL no longer in business.

Anyway -- leave the seller and manufacturer's ID blank on the PD-219 but fill in seller as best you can on the addendum.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    fun fact: when applying for ccw and reg my first carry gun with DC back in '19 they got my caliber and serial # wrong.

Went in person just to argue with an armchair sergent about the differences between .357 sig and 357 mag.

He eventually told the lady at the computer to write in 357 SIG because there wasn't a selection for it

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    fun fact: when applying for ccw and reg my first carry gun with DC back in '19 they got my caliber and serial # wrong.

Went in person just to argue with an armchair sergent about the differences between .357 sig and 357 mag.

He eventually told the lady at the computer to write in 357 SIG because there wasn't a selection for it
    lol. The amount of bad information they've told me over the years would fill a book.

SafeTartar

Jul 15, 2022
    Bethesda
    46 days since I went to register the 43X and counting. 14 days left to go to hit the 60-day wall. What's frustrating is that they don't even have an online portal I can keep refreshing :innocent0
    Will revert on Day 60 (Nov 28), hopefully with a firearms.adminbox at dc.gov email in my inbox.

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    The trip was a disaster… they seem hell bent on finding a reason to turn people away and don’t want any citizens carrying.…

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson

Mark
    The addendum is supposed to only be for used guns but they attempt to treat every gun as used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom