• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    This absolute clown: "An individual who was in severe crisis...", "We have a loss of life..."

It's so "easy to access" a legal gun in DC that I just hopped over to the gun store and the range there yesterday.
    Charles Alan is an asshat. he has relentless supported more violent felons on our streets. He supported REDUCTION of sentences for actual gun crimes.
    He wont mention the neighborhood he is discussing also had an equal rise in knifes crimes. Nor will he mention the perp in the case he is discussing has a long criminal record and should have in any sane world been in prison

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Charles Alan is an asshat. he has relentless supported more violent felons on our streets. He supported REDUCTION of sentences for actual gun crimes.
    He wont mention the neighborhood he is discussing also had an equal rise in knifes crimes. Nor will he mention the perp in the case he is discussing has a long criminal record and should have in any sane world been in prison
    1675873951108.png

Charles Allen

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    Tuesday, February 07, 2023
    Order on Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply Set/Reset Deadlines Tue 02/07 9:08 AM
    MINUTE ORDER: Upon consideration of Defendants' consent motion for extension of time, Dkt.38 , it is hereby ORDERED that the motion is GRANTED. It is further ORDERED that Defendants District of Columbia, Chief Robert J. Contee III, and Attorney General Brian L. Schwalb shall respond to Plaintiffs' amended complaint on or before March 3, 2023. Signed by Judge Randolph D. Moss on 2/7/2023. (lcrdm3)

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    Mizzzz Mayor just announced some kind of partnership with WMATA. She said that there are not enough Metro Transit Police Officers to put one on every train/bus (she didn't mention stations and bus plazas), nor enough Metropolitan Police Officers to put one on every corner. Sounds to me like anyone/everyone who rides public transportation should have standing! This almost sound like an amicus filing for the Plaintiffs LOL.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Tuesday, February 07, 2023
    Order on Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply Set/Reset Deadlines Tue 02/07 9:08 AM
    MINUTE ORDER: Upon consideration of Defendants' consent motion for extension of time, Dkt.38 , it is hereby ORDERED that the motion is GRANTED. It is further ORDERED that Defendants District of Columbia, Chief Robert J. Contee III, and Attorney General Brian L. Schwalb shall respond to Plaintiffs' amended complaint on or before March 3, 2023. Signed by Judge Randolph D. Moss on 2/7/2023. (lcrdm3)
    March 3, 2023.... Was DC's lawyer too busy to draft a suitable response within the previously prescribed period? If you ask me, it's a good sign that they're struggling to come up with one.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Mizzzz Mayor just announced some kind of partnership with WMATA. She said that there are not enough Metro Transit Police Officers to put one on every train/bus (she didn't mention stations and bus plazas), nor enough Metropolitan Police Officers to put one on every corner. Sounds to me like anyone/everyone who rides public transportation should have standing! This almost sound like an amicus filing for the Plaintiffs LOL.
    I heard about this too. Here's the Press Announcement about it:

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    For those that don’t click links..

On Wednesday, February 8 at 4 p.m., Metro General Manager and CEO Randy Clarke will be joined by DC Mayor Muriel Bowser to announce Metro Transit Police Department (MTPD) partnering with Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) to enhance public safety on the transit system.

WHERE:

Metro Center, 12th and G Street NW, Washington, D.C.

WHEN:

Wednesday, February 8, 2023, at 4 p.m.

WHAT:

Press conference to announce transit police partnership on public safety initiatives

WHO:

Metro General Manager/CEO Randy Clarke
    DC Mayor Muriel Bowser

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    So this seems to be the gist of Mizz Mayor's agreement:

Two officers per station will conduct joint patrols to increase police visibility and response time, especially during rush hours. The first patrols, based on crime data, will be deployed at Metro Center, Gallery Place, Georgia Ave - Petworth, Congress Heights, and Union Station. Metro will fund the extra patrols and expects to finalize agreements with additional police departments in other jurisdictions served by Metro, which will increase patrols on rail stations and on bus routes throughout the system as much as 60 percent.

I note that there is no mention of Potomac Ave, Deanwood, Anacostia, nor the other "subject matter related" stations. I expect this waste to have little effect.

Randolph! Are you watching the conduct of the Defendants?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    So this seems to be the gist of Mizz Mayor's agreement:

Two officers per station will conduct joint patrols to increase police visibility and response time, especially during rush hours. The first patrols, based on crime data, will be deployed at Metro Center, Gallery Place, Georgia Ave - Petworth, Congress Heights, and Union Station. Metro will fund the extra patrols and expects to finalize agreements with additional police departments in other jurisdictions served by Metro, which will increase patrols on rail stations and on bus routes throughout the system as much as 60 percent.

I note that there is no mention of Potomac Ave, Deanwood, Anacostia, nor the other "subject matter related" stations. I expect this waste to have little effect.

Randolph! Are you watching the conduct of the Defendants?
    Yup. Metro Transit Police simply doesn't have enough officers. They have literally dozens of positions which aren't staffed (IIRC 50-100), and even if they were filled, it's still not close to enough for the size of the Metro system.

Here's the Official Press Release: https://wmata.com/about/news/MTPD-MPD-partnership.cfm

My favorite part:

“We know that residents and visitors want to see a strong police presence in our community, and that’s what this partnership will allow us to provide,” said Mayor Bowser. “When police are in the community, people feel safer and our officers can respond faster. Hundreds of thousands of people use Metro every day to move around DC, and now, they can expect to see more MPD officers out during their commutes.”

Reality has hit "Defund the Police".....

Here's a video of the Press Briefing:

The DC Police Union chimed in with this dose of reality concerning MPD:

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    It's also worth mentioning that this surge of additional officers is only through June so far:

They'd better extend it indefinitely and keep hiring at MPD and Metro Transit PD. Time to accept reality, Mayor. Instead, they're paying overtime for an understaffed force which can't put nearly enough officers on patrol.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Hey WMATA: How about some better fare gates while you're at it?:

It'll pay for these officers/overtime if that matters to you.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Look at these photos of Mr. Cunningham (WMATA Mechanic) attempting to get behind the gunman to disarm him:

It's just so sad. RIP.

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    This is becoming more rediculous! The existing fare gates give way with a red light when forced. anything more than that (like Boston and New York), would likely complicate a panic evacuation during the next shooting! Enough with the non-solutions!

Randy, are you watching?

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    Look at these photos of Mr. Cunningham (WMATA Mechanic) attempting to get behind the gunman to disarm

It's just so sad. RIP.

Wow! I recall a conversation with that gentleman on a platform at Farragut West. He stopped at an escalator to allow others to enter, he then told me to go ahead. I insisted that he go. While on the escalator I told him that I thought that I was the only one that still does that. We chatted about the loss of common courtesy and manners in the metro system. We mentioned the increasing violence, and I mentioned my expectation that legal concealed carry on METRO in DC would be in place by Christmas. I won't mention his response, but in hindsight it's very sad.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I feel for the WMATA officers. they work single. I have helped several while I was there. At least one was lucky I was there. (I'd probaby locked up nowadays for what I did.) Even worse now with less officers and trains running 10 mins apart. Back up is more than 10 mins away!

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Wow! I recall a conversation with that gentleman on a platform at Farragut West. He stopped at an escalator to allow others to enter, he then told me to go ahead. I insisted that he go. While on the escalator I told him that I thought that I was the only one that still does that. We chatted about the loss of common courtesy and manners in the metro system. We mentioned the increasing violence, and I mentioned my expectation that legal concealed carry on METRO in DC would be in place by Christmas. I won't mention his response, but in hindsight it's very sad.
    Damn. That is sad. Sounds like a decent and good man from everything I’ve read and from what you’ve said here too.

A trained conceal carrier might have been able to neutralize this threat here before the police finally arrived. No guarantees, but he might still be with us today if someone was legally carrying in proximity.

Counting down to March 3rd for the next step in this process.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I feel for the WMATA officers. they work single. I have helped several while I was there. At least one was lucky I was there. (I'd probaby locked up nowadays for what I did.) Even worse now with less officers and trains running 10 mins apart. Back up is more than 10 mins away!
    Yup. There are just not enough of them on the force to handle the rampant lawlessness on the system.

After going on a hiring spree of qualified officers: Fix the damn fare gates so that you only have paying customers riding. Instill some modicum of respect in the system by doing this. Gate jumpers embody and exhibit the kind of total disrespect for the system which leads to entitlement and other more serious crimes against other riders.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    This is becoming more rediculous! The existing fare gates give way with a red light when forced. anything more than that (like Boston and New York), would likely complicate a panic evacuation during the next shooting! Enough with the non-solutions!

Randy, are you watching?
    Here's the thing : DC has de facto decrimininalized fare evasion , and refuses to prosecute at all .

So new & improved fare gates have to Physically block entrance ; merely alterting to evaders to facilitate apprehension is meaningless .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom