• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    WAMU 88.5FM Metro Connection is airing a story today sometime between 1:15pm and 1:45 today on life after Heller in DC.

The short back story is a journalist was researching a story on DC firearms registration in the post Heller world. In talking to her I had the feeling she knew very little about firearms and registration, so we did a few interviews getting her up to speed and explaining my personal history with firearms. To gain firsthand experience, she came along with a couple of my buddies on a shooting trip to MSAR “to observe”. As you all know, shooting is a social outing. Within a few minutes, we had our apprehensive journalist popping off some rounds. She was quite good and seemed to greatly enjoy her shooting experience. I tried to answer her questions in a manner that expands specific DC legislation into the fundamental false premise of national gun control.

There is some info on the story here:
    http://wamu.org/programs/mc/11/07/08.php#44213

I will post audio links here:
    Windows Media http://wamu.org/audio/mc/11/07/m1110708-44213.asx
    Real Audio http://wamu.org/audio/mc/11/07/m1110708-44213.ram

Last edited:

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    The short back story is a journalist was researching a story on DC firearms registration in the post Heller world. In talking to her I had the feeling she knew very little about firearms and registration, so we did a few interviews getting her up to speed and explaining my personal history with firearms. To gain firsthand experience, she came along with a couple of my buddies on a shooting trip to MSAR “to observe”. As you all know, shooting is a social outing. Within a few minutes, we had our apprehensive journalist popping off some rounds. She was quite good and seemed to greatly enjoy her shooting experience. I tried to answer her questions in a manner that expands specific DC legislation into the fundamental false premise of national gun control.

know how to work the system and the system will work for you... nice

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County

I believe sir, that I owe you a beer for your efforts. :thumbsup:

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Thanks for doing this!
    I just can't get the audio to work for me for some reason.

They are both working now.

Of course Brady bunch blame VA. And claim that the registration process is a success because registered guns had no effect on crime. By implication the Bradys are also saying the ban was a failure. We as lawful owners already knew people that follow laws are not criminals.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Did they have to put Hennigan in there? Seriously, it ruins the whole thing.

I think they did have to include Brady. It provides all sides of the story. More importantly is Brady supports the registration process which means they are no longer trumpeting the complete disarmament of law abiding citizens. That is a big change from their previous standpoint.

A lot of what I said about the futility of these regulations was not included, but it is a ultra liberal news outlet in a few minute piece that cannot go into complete detail.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    This is how we win the WAR.

Ditto!!! :thumbsup:

Great work BlueHeeler!!! I'm all for having the courts win this battle, but real victory will come with education of the masses that have been fed the kook-aid for so many years. Many "anti's" aren't really anti, they just accept what they've been told as truth.

NOTE: my pre-submit proof reading revealed a Freudian slip spelling error that I decided makes more sense, so I left it :D

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Ditto!!! :thumbsup:

Great work BlueHeeler!!! I'm all for having the courts win this battle, but real victory will come with education of the masses that have been fed the kook-aid for so many years. Many "anti's" aren't really anti, they just accept what they've been told as truth.

NOTE: my pre-submit proof reading revealed a Freudian slip spelling error that I decided makes more sense, so I left it :D

I WISH the story had been from the perspective of the reporter and left out the politics, registration, crime, and everything else that is basically irrelevant to target shooting. Just a story about how something she had been told for so long is so bad is in reality neither bad nor good. To some it is quite enjoyable.

The reporter actually had to stop the interview on the ride over to the range because she was amazed we are informed, articulate, normal citizens and not psychopaths with a bloodlust. That was pretty telling about the stereotype that people believe. I did come off as a slight lunatic with my 18 guns.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I WISH the story had been from the perspective of the reporter and left out the politics, registration, crime, and everything else that is basically irrelevant to target shooting. Just a story about how something she had been told for so long is so bad is in reality neither bad nor good. To some it is quite enjoyable.

The reporter actually had to stop the interview on the ride over to the range because she was amazed we are informed, articulate, normal citizens and not psychopaths with a bloodlust. That was pretty telling about the stereotype that people believe. I did come off as a slight lunatic with my 18 guns.

Lunatic is right. 18 is not near enough!

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Lunatic is right. 18 is not near enough!

LOL I knew I would get laughed at on this forum for that.:D

I did almost mention 18 is nothing compared to some of the people on MDS well into triple digits, but that was not the angle I wanted. I did explain collecting as a hobby like some people collect DVDs, sports memorabilia, sharks teeth, etc... some women even collect shoes or purses.;)

One of my work colleagues mentioned he heard me on the radio and has not spoken a word since.:D

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Just listened to the podcast.

"You have to love the city, more than you love your guns"

Isn't that backwards? You need more training padwan...

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Just listened to the podcast.

"You have to love the city, more than you love your guns"

Isn't that backwards? You need more training padwan...

In retrospect, I should have answered, “You have to love DC more than you love your guns rights.”:o

The question I was asked: “If you want to own guns, why not just move to MD or VA?”
    My reply was an analogy: “You could ask the same question of most people in DC that are demanding the vote. They can just move and vote. That solves the problem right?. You have to love the city more than your guns.” I was alluding to how running from a situation does not make it right.

It was a stiff jab at the liberal agenda that wants to trust lawful people with the vote and not with firearms and puts firearm rights in a perspective DC residents can understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom