• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    After searching and searching, I finally found an IWB holster for my CZ82!

The company is "Homestead Holsters" in Milford Center, OH

http://www.homesteadholsters.com/CZ-P2728750.aspx

$34.95 + Shipping

This is by no means a top quality holster (IMHO). But it's better that nothing - or one of the cheap generic ones. It doesn't hold a candle to my Theis holster for my SR9C, that I wear daily. (But they don't make one for a CZ82.) And it beats the crap out of the el-cheapo, torture device that I have for my Bersa Mod. 85. (Had to wear that this week, because I broke one of the Kydex clips on my Theis - which was cover by their lifetime guarantee.)

I tried it on and it wasn't TOO bad. Not a rousing endorsement, I know. But, to be honest, when I first took it out of the box I was actually expecting worse.

The only part that was REALLY uncomfortable was the lower, forward corner. It jabbed into the top of my thigh when I sat down. I'm going to cut that off.

Another draw back is that the leather is much thicker than my Theis. So it will probably take longer to break in.

Retention is "fair". If it were OWB, I'd worry about it. But being IWB, and with a tucked in shirt, my love handles hold the pistol in place quite nicely. ("Silver linings", you know!)

Believe it or not, I haven't been to Freestate since I got the CZ, and have yet to shoot it. So I obviously haven't wanted to carry it until I can see how it works. (Finding out that it has "issues", in a life and death situation is not a good idea.)

But for as cheap as it is, it's as good or better than I expected when I ordered it.

Over all, I'll give it a "7".

Attachments

• P8221430.jpg
      P8221430.jpg
      93.3 KB · Views: 377
    • P8221431.jpg
      P8221431.jpg
      51.1 KB · Views: 363
    • P8221432.jpg
      P8221432.jpg
      53.5 KB · Views: 351

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Thanks for the post. While it's commendable that Homestead has set up a mold that appears to be specifically for the CZ-82 and 83, the rest of the holster looks disappointingly generic. It's almost as if you are beta testing it for them. Hopefully they'll field test their design and take the rough edges (literally) off of the ones they make in the future. I mean, you really want to be able to sit down comfortably.

Other than that, it looks sturdy.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    It's good to see you found one for the CZ that you like and the price wasn't bad either.

Although I haven't picked one up yet for the CZ-82, I've switched over to the N82 for two of mine and comfort wise, I'll never go back to a leather/kydex combo. N82 makes a tactical version with a hard retainer but I actually prefer the original with the band.

Attachments

• IMAG0222.jpg
      IMAG0222.jpg
      29.2 KB · Views: 301

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    This is kind of what I was expecting for the price. Seems like they could at least get that corner fixed without increasing the cost...shame it's not better.

Thanks for the review!

Americus

Feb 9, 2013
    i've heard that some people can use a makarov holster with the CZ... is that true? might give better retention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom