CZ Shadow 2 Compact MORE ON THE WAY! Pre Order Available!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Well, we HAD 2 - but they're already sold/spoken for. Distributors going to see if they can funnel more our way, as these are not in open status yet.

I can say, they fit my hand nicely, and the SA break is very nice, DA was weighted appropriately IMO.

158433.jpg
    158433_A.jpg
    158433_B.jpg

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    It looks like a P01 with a safety instead of a decocker, fiber optic front sight and different grips. Are there other differences?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    How would you compare the slide racking action (muscle-wise) on this, vs. a vanilla 75 Compact? Asking for a spouse. She finds the 75 Compact to be uncomfortably stout, even after she's had a stout.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    How would you compare the slide racking action (muscle-wise) on this, vs. a vanilla 75 Compact? Asking for a spouse. She finds the 75 Compact to be uncomfortably stout, even after she's had a stout.

Has she tried cocking the hammer before racking it? That's what I suggested to my wife. It's a bit easier when you're only working against the recoil spring.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

To me, there's not enough of a perceptible difference to call it a difference IMO. The Shadow 2 is ever so slightly lighter sprung feeling, but not enough to be truly noteworthy IMO.

Has she tried cocking the hammer before racking it? That's what I suggested to my wife. It's a bit easier when you're only working against the recoil spring.

^This.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It looks like a P01 with a safety instead of a decocker, fiber optic front sight and different grips. Are there other differences?

Larger mag release, red dot capable, different grips, different trigger - I'm sure there's other things that I'm not noticing on first look.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    She has, and she'll often do that. She has a standard 75 (in the Tac-2 variant) which she loves. The compact is just enough of a fight that it doesn't talk to her the way her favorite does.

To me, there's not enough of a perceptible difference to call it a difference IMO. The Shadow 2 is ever so slightly lighter sprung feeling, but not enough to be truly noteworthy IMO.
    Thanks for that quick check. I'm sure she'll stick with her familiar CZ and no complaints. I asked, because my Shadow 2 (which she also like shooting) is such a buttery beast that I wondered if they'd made the compact version a little more friendly than the standard 75 compact. I appreciate the feedback!

Right now, she's jonesing for a pretty 1911, just on principle.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Not a problem, we have a few 1911's in stock between new and on consignment - and if she has one in mind, we'd be more than happy to see if we could get it for her at a better price. :D

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    This is how I taught my ex with our P226 and within a few months, she had "forgotten" about cocking the hammer. She said the extra step seemed unnecessary. She just needed to build a little strength and coordination, some muscle memory.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    This is an old thread but I don't see any reason to start a new one.

We have 5 CZ Shadow 2 Compacts on the way. We are accepting pre orders with payment to hold one for you.

Our asking price for pre orders is $1500+tax. No transfer fee or shipping to the following FFL's: Keith's Gunworks, Newburg, MD: JMJ, Mechanicsville, MD: Eubanks Firearms, Waldorf, MD. We are happy to ship them to any FFL at the buyers expense. Our shipping is a flat $40 insured. The buyer is responsible for the MSP $10 fee on all transfers and those not going to our FFL network in Southern MD will have to pay the receiving FFL's transfer fee.

We will pull the magazines and hold them at the shop for pick up at no charge. We will not ship them with the gun unless the receiving FFL approves receiving them. It is then the receiving FFL's responsibility to pin them to the 10 round limit.

These are first come first served and we don't expect them to last long. We will not hold one for anyone without payment. If they arrive without being reserved we will most likely list them on our website for Nationwide Sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom