• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    I have recently purchased a Walther P5, Mauser HSC and a S&W 627. I need help finding a person or company to make kydex holsters for these pistol and revolver. I would like for them to have the Safariland quick locking system. Safariland because I have 2 gun belts set out for it already.

Why? just because. I have leather holsters (inside and outside) for all these already and want the custom holsters for ease of range use, and again, just because.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I live in Poolesville - Western MoCo

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I have recently purchased a Walther P5, Mauser HSC and a S&W 627. I need help finding a person or company to make kydex holsters for these pistol and revolver. I would like for them to have the Safariland quick locking system. Safariland because I have 2 gun belts set out for it already.

Why? just because. I have leather holsters (inside and outside) for all these already and want the custom holsters for ease of range use, and again, just because.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I live in Poolesville - Western MoCo
    Don't know about local to you, Sir, but red hill tactical is in the hagerstown area. They do nice USPSA style holsters and could certainly accommodate your spec in Safariland attachment system.

KT Mech is out west but would be worth a look as a couple of their models have universal bolt pattern attachment (can bolt on Safariland plates, DOH adapters, etc.)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I don't know exactly what a 627 is, but I agree with 4g64 and think it should be doable off the shelf. I have a Comp-Tac holster for "N Frame" that fits my 1917 and GP100, depending on how tight I have the retention. If I loosen it up a lot, even my Redhawk fits in it.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    For the other pistols, you might try shoving them in whatever holsters you (and/or your buddies) already have. I know a Ruger American holster holds a Canik...uhh...whatever model my wife has...TP-something-something :o I'm pretty sure it also holds my Sig P210. Since they grip the trigger guard for retention, the rest of the shape isn't always all that super critical.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Got lucky on the P5.
    CT Designs added this pistol to their list. Ordered the holster yesterday. I bought a gun belt set up from them last year.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I don't know exactly what a 627 is, but I agree with 4g64 and think it should be doable off the shelf. I have a Comp-Tac holster for "N Frame" that fits my 1917 and GP100, depending on how tight I have the retention. If I loosen it up a lot, even my Redhawk fits in it.
    A 627 is a stainless N frame 357 magnum.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    I do like it. Still trying to get used to using Moon clips vs Speed Loaders. The Walther is a nice shooter as well.

Attachments

• 8rounds.jpg
      8rounds.jpg
      272.4 KB · Views: 26

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I do like it. Still trying to get used to using Moon clips vs Speed Loaders. The Walther is a nice shooter as well.
    Oh man you got the shorty. Cool. Moon clips for 38/357 can be really irritating. You will need to test brass brands to see what headstamp "holds tight" in the clips. The longer cases like the 38/357 tend to be unforgiving of cartridge flop when loading. My 625 is less picky due to the short fat 45s.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    I haven't been to the Chantilly show in a while. I wonder if they still have the vendor that custom makes the Kydex holsters on site for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom