• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfb0314

Jan 15, 2021
    What are the current rules for carrying in MoCo? It's hard to keep up with the changing legal landscape what with new laws, lawsuits, injunctions, etc.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You can start here

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The rule is you can’t

****No question it's purposely complicated and no doubt has many people with their W&C permits currently not carrying in MoCo due to the sheer stupidity of the law as it is written. It will be overturned of course, but that will take some time.

I teach the W&C class and watch the issue closely as a result and am amazed at how many people I have taught are simply not taking the risk of carrying in MoCo anymore until a resolution is found. These are law abiding citizens of course, and exactly the kinds of people we would want carrying versus prohibited people (criminals, mental defectives - yes yes I know it's MoCo.. :lol: ), etc.. who don't follow the law anyway.

I live in MoCo, and generally keep to myself, and am pretty private about my gun ownership as well as the CrossFit exercise I do (dunno if I have ever mentioned I do CrossFit...).

I'm not sure MoCo will willingly change this law until forced to do so, especially with our new Governor who is clearly anti-2A.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    MOCO's attorney says law is not to be enforced.

Keep that in your back pocket.

Time, and circumstances, will tell, perhaps.

Until such circumstances arise, there are numerous options available. See above for some of these options.

Freedom is never free.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Link, or BS

Very interesting. The law of moco or the law of the supreme court? Do you have a link?
    This “rationale” was brought up on this site here a while back but not long ago. (I haven’t been here long) it obviously made an impression on me.

It was related to the MOCO attorney saying standing wasn’t valid as no one has been charged and that they (MOCO) did not intend on charging anyone.

Hilarious, actually.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It is not legally safe to carry in MoCo right now. That's the bottom line. If you're comfortable with "concealed means concealed", you can do what you want (and you always could, really!), but the second a cop pulls you over near a church or park for some nonsense and asks if you're strapped after running the license plate check on you, you are potentially in trouble. Betting on non-enforcement is playing with fire.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    It is not legally safe to carry in MoCo right now. That's the bottom line. If you're comfortable with "concealed means concealed", you can do what you want (and you always could, really!), but the second a cop pulls you over near a church or park for some nonsense and asks if you're strapped after running the license plate check on you, you are potentially in trouble. Betting on non-enforcement is playing with fire.
    Are you insinuating that our leaders are untrustworthy? :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom