• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fav453

May 29, 2013
    Essex
    I did a quick search and found some older info but I am looking to get into reloading. I went to BpS but didn't get any real info or service. they had a nice selection of components but I was also looking for help with presses and kits. What I would like to find is a small shop with good service and preferably close to Baltimore.

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    I did a quick search and found some older info but I am looking to get into reloading. I went to BpS but didn't get any real info or service. they had a nice selection of components but I was also looking for help with presses and kits. What I would like to find is a small shop with good service and preferably close to Baltimore.
    Have you bought anything yet, what are you planning on reloading, and how much? Answer these questions and someone will be able point you in the right direction. For example, a RCBS turret kit would do everything a plinker would need. Whereas, if you are loading for something like USPSA or 3gun an RL-550B from dillon would be the minimum that I would recommend.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    These days, my FAVORITE place is whoever has the item I need in stock and it not price gouging.

fav453

May 29, 2013
    Essex
    I plan on reloading for plinking at this point. Low volume a couple of hundred per month. I plan on doing rifle at first 1-2 calibers and possibly pistol later. What Im after isn't super accurate but works consistently good in my guns.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I order all of my reloading equipment, well most all of it, from TitanReloading.com
    My components come from either ( I feel like I've said all this before ) BPI or Graf & Sons. I think you'll find yourself reverting to the older threads because there's no place "local" to buy anything at better prices.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I was at Green Top this weekend and hey had powder and primers. 500 limit on primers and 2 lbs powder or one jug of more than a pound. But take your GF and you get double!!

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    If you dont need something yesterday, take a look at ebay. I have purchased many things like a Co-Ax press, Wilson trimmer, Redding 3-BR powder measure as well as several die sets for a small fraction of their prices new.
    I have a handful of saved searches that I get emails from if new items are posted. Many of the items I got came from estate sales in almost new or unused condition.

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    I plan on reloading for plinking at this point. Low volume a couple of hundred per month. I plan on doing rifle at first 1-2 calibers and possibly pistol later. What Im after isn't super accurate but works consistently good in my guns.
    Good luck with your search. If you keep an eye out for reloading packages and/or kits on sale in the coming months I bet you will be able to find a good deal. Most of them do not come with dies, but they will have pretty much everything else you might need.
    As for components, I generally go up to PA; unless someone has N-320 in which case I will pay pretty much whatever to get it.

fav453

May 29, 2013
    Essex
    Thanks for the replies. I think I am going with the Lee breech lock kit at around $100. I guess I want to see if I am on the right track with the other Items I need. I plan on getting: Dies, a case trimmer and gage, a tumbler and media, holding trays, a bullet puller and calipers (I have these).. besides the cartridge components is there anything else I would need?

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Thanks for the replies. I think I am going with the Lee breech lock kit at around $100. I guess I want to see if I am on the right track with the other Items I need. I plan on getting: Dies, a case trimmer and gage, a tumbler and media, holding trays, a bullet puller and calipers (I have these).. besides the cartridge components is there anything else I would need?

Sounds like you have most everything except a powder measure and a scale. The scale is very very important to keeping all 10 of your fingers.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

That kit comes with a scale, which is decent. All of my rifle dies are RCBS, I gave up on Lee dies for rifles. Don't buy holding trays, go through the trash next time you are at a range and get the holders from the empty boxes. If you find 45 ACP holders, they're good for brass up to 30-06. The 9mm ones are great for .223. Tumblers, Harbor Freight. Media, Lizard Litter Desert Blend from Petco.

fav453

May 29, 2013
    Essex
    Ok got all the equipment, primers and bullets. What I don't have is powder. Bass pro didn't have any that would work for 223. Online you have to pay shipping plus hazardous material fees which doesn't make any sense when buying 1#. Those fees doubles the cost. I have to think even expensive local places would be cheaper than buying online. That being said where can I get some powder today or tomorrow for loading 223?

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Ok got all the equipment, primers and bullets. What I don't have is powder. Bass pro didn't have any that would work for 223. Online you have to pay shipping plus hazardous material fees which doesn't make any sense when buying 1#. Those fees doubles the cost. I have to think even expensive local places would be cheaper than buying online. That being said where can I get some powder today or tomorrow for loading 223?

PM me. I think I can spare a pound of bl-c(2). I can check tonight.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC

Green top outside of Richmond.

fav453

May 29, 2013
    Essex
    Traveler thanks for the offer. I went to continental arms and they had a nice spread of reloading supplies. Lots of different 1# powders and primers. Actually I was impressed with the shop as I hadn't been there in 10 years. I got 2 powders for 223 cfe223 and Alliant AR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom